Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,780 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The most rock-solid stable ROM 4.0-4.4??

Tip us?

i717
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Thank you captemo for the direction of the Sons of Android files.

I did DL them. My connection must have been wonky.
I had issues with the Gapps file. It must have been a bad download for me. Tried twice. Got the ROM to load up fine, but without Gapps I didn't get a good testing done. I was using TWRP.

Without an MD5 to be sure my DL was good I probably shouldn't have tried it.

So I reinstalled Carbon V1.8 from my BU.
Since my last post, I did have a FC and reboot related to my BeWeather App. I have also had issues with this App in TW based ROMs I've tried.

I don't load allot of Apps, or run many programs. And the ones I can Greenify, I do. Maybe this is why Carbon works for me?

I reset my weather App to update manually when I use it now. I think it updating as the program opens has been the trouble.

brandonbarlow
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Is there a problem with Auto-Brightness on non TW roms? My display flickers when I unlock my screen. This happened on 4.4.2 roms and 4.2.2 carbon 1.8. Is there a simple fix I am forgetting?

i717
Old
Thanks Meter 5
The auto bright setting on the non TW based ROMs I have tried have not been as smooth as TW ROMs. I set the auto function off, and set it to low.
Some of the non TW based ROMs have the slide your finger across the top of the screen to manually adjust brightness. Nice feature.

I went back to the download dropbox provided by captemo and re-downloaded the files, and got a good clean ROM and Gapps.

I am using "Sons Of Android" now, and like it very much! So far so good!

Thank you, captemo
The Following User Says Thank You to i717 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]