Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Display lag and Microsd card

OP E.Miguel.R

4th February 2014, 12:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Almada
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Hello to all.
Recently acquired my P605 after selling my iPad 3.
I researched a lot and decided to buy. I love it, but the only thing that is annoying to me is the screen.
Every time I click the button ON / OFF, home button or even with the cover, the screen takes about 2/3 seconds to turn on. I've already done a hard reset, disabled all possible settings (SVoice stand by, unlocking effect the lock removed, etc ...) just missing me reinstall the ROM (MJ9) again.
My friend has the P600 and says that the screen turns on immediately when he clicks the button On/Off or Home button or even when open the cover.
My question is if you think it is defective? Or what should I do more?
Thanks.
Last edited by E.Miguel.R; 6th February 2014 at 11:33 AM.
4th February 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag Newcastle Upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 152

733 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Miguel.R

Hello to all.
Recently acquired my P605 after selling my iPad 3.
I researched a lot and decided to buy. I love it, but the only thing that is annoying to me is the screen.
Every time I click the button ON / OFF, home button or even with the cover, the screen takes about 2/3 seconds to turn on. I've already done a hard reset, disabled all possible settings (SVoice stand by, unlocking effect the lock removed, etc ...) just missing me reinstall the ROM (MJ9) again.
My friend has the P600 and says that the screen turns on immediately when he clicks the button On/Off or Home button or even when open the cover.
My question is if you think it is defective? Or what should I do more?
Thanks.

I read that doing the following helped some people.

Open my magazine by swiping up from bottom of home screen > hit menu button > Hit settings > deselect open via home button.

Sent from Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition via Tapatalk.
4th February 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Almada

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie Affy

I read that doing the following helped some people.

Open my magazine by swiping up from bottom of home screen > hit menu button > Hit settings > deselect open via home button.

I tried that already. But nothing. The situation stays the same.
Thanks for your help any way.
4th February 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #4  
Flag Newcastle Upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 152

733 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Miguel.R

I tried that already. But nothing. The situation stays the same.
Thanks for your help any way.

I know some people in US had the problem and when the got updatdd to MK1 the wake up lag got better but no idea when everyone else will get this update.

6th February 2014, 11:13 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Almada

4 posts
More
Finally found the bug.
After trying to disable applications, clean the tablet, disable functions, reinstall the ROM, etc. ...
I found that removing the memory card (SAMSUNG MICROSDHC UHS-1 PLUS 32GB) solves the delay in wake up of the display.
My doubt is what I do, because beyond of the display delay, something must be using more system resources.
Is anyone aware of a fix?
Thank you.
Last edited by E.Miguel.R; 6th February 2014 at 11:18 AM.
6th February 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 21

309 posts
I have no delay, at least after deleting the mp3s i had on the sd while trying out the new tablet. Now it holds only dslr jpegs.
The system media scanner should be the culprit, though it normally should do a full scan only after boot, not after standby. Normally the scanner runs silent, but on my mobile it verboses, it's a two stage affair taking several minutes, with lots of mp3s on the sdcard, and few jpegs. (First stage is searching media, second is scanning media)
Controlling/disabling the scanner requires root. There are apps which bring their own scanner, probably the video and music players of the note, which I disabled.
Last edited by lecorbusier; 6th February 2014 at 02:13 PM.
6th February 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #7  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 40

246 posts
More
No issues here.
Using a poetic slimline case with open/close screen on off sensing and a 64gb microSD card, from Samsung.
What format is your SD card? I always use fat32 on larger cards for stability. Might be the issue.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app
6th February 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #8  

7 posts
It's interesting, because I had the same issue. My tablet would take 3 seconds to come up after I pressed the power on. While following a battery saver tip, I just unchecked WiFi scanning, and all of a sudden there was no lag. Not sure if it will work for anyone else. FYI: I have a SanDisk 32GB micro sd card installed.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread