Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,049 Members 40,155 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can I Tether A Wi-Fi Connection

Tip us?

cowppl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Can I Tether A Wi-Fi Connection

Hi guys. This might be a silly question, but here goes.

I am currently staying in a hotel with my family abroad. Each room gets only one username and password for their Wi-Fi network. Once used, no other device can use that username and password. The problem is that there are 3 devices in the room.

I was wondering if I could use that connection on my note 3 and wirelessly tether the connection to everyone else.

I have managed to do this through Bluetooth tethering to a note tablet, but the third device is my dad's iPad so I don't think that's gonna work. My best bet is Wi-Fi tethering to him.

Wireless tethering is disabled when I'm connected to the Wi-Fi network, so I guess my best bet is an app.

Is this possible, and how?

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1389

DONATE TO ME
You can use wifi hot spot on your device if iirc, then run the other devices via the Note.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)

AndehX
Old
Thanks Meter 11
If you have a laptop, you could connect to the wifi through your phone, and then tether your phone to the laptop via USB. Then install a hotspot program on the laptop to enable other devices to connect to the laptop, as if it were a router.