Make Your Own Sleeve

Search This thread

drewmey

Oct 15, 2012
For those who like to try to make things themselves and save a little money, you can pretty easily make your own sleeve.

This one is just made by sewing together two pieces of cloth. They were shaped like a rectangle with one half having a larger width. They are then folded in half before sewing the unconnected sides (minus the top of course:p). Add a flap with a button hole and a properly positioned button and it is finished.

I chose to use a soft microfiber cloth for the inside so that I knew the screen wouldn't get scratched. You could really choose any outside fabric style you like. I just happen to like brown, dark reds and oranges (anything fallish). It didn't cost me anything because my mother who likes to sew had all these materials as scraps. Cheaper, more unique and more sturdy than something I would buy online.

Attachments

• IMG_20140205_173828.jpg
    IMG_20140205_173828.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_20140205_173849.jpg
    IMG_20140205_173849.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_20140205_173923.jpg
    IMG_20140205_173923.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 379

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who like to try to make things themselves and save a little money, you can pretty easily make your own sleeve.

This one is just made by sewing together two pieces of cloth. They were shaped like a rectangle with one half having a larger width. They are then folded in half before sewing the unconnected sides (minus the top of course:p). Add a flap with a button hole and a properly positioned button and it is finished.

I chose to use a soft microfiber cloth for the inside so that I knew the screen wouldn't get scratched. You could really choose any outside fabric style you like. I just happen to like brown, dark reds and oranges (anything fallish). It didn't cost me anything because my mother who likes to sew had all these materials as scraps. Cheaper, more unique and more sturdy than something I would buy online.