Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,798 Members 49,116 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Available memory after flash 20GB TTL 23GB?

Tip us?

Charles7
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Question [Q] Available memory after flash 20GB TTL 23GB?

Flashed slimbean via freegee/cwm. All works fine however, the available memory shows ~20GB with a total of 23GB. The 23GB is the same as what was available with the stock firmware.

Should I have increased my memory due to slimbean being much smaller than the stock?
Or is this a case of the locked bootloader and the original rom still taking up its own space and I just boot into slimbean due to loki, thus I only have the 23GB to work with to put a ROM on and apps, etc.?

Thanks.

Charles7
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Info 2 think I figured out the issue. . .

To answer my own question, possibly. I need to format system in cwm if I want the old ROM gone, but is that ok to do on the OGP?

Charles7
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Info 2 formating system + works

after more reading, for anyone else who is curious, I found that formatting some of the partitions is required. If you are on stock and don't format anything and install a new rom, that rom will be put in a new folder which will take away ~3GB of space. After formatting a few of the partitions the new ROM installed properly and I have back the 23.3GB of space.
The Following User Says Thank You to Charles7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]