XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Was able to downgrade mi1 to mdk via odin

Tip us?

scryan
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokrboot View Post
I understandbthe OP has always been on MDK but...
Why did Verizon roll out MJ7 so quickly after MI1? Is it possible theres a hole in MI1 somewhere?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Many bug reports and issues with people having like 1/3 normal battery life, ect...

Thats not to say there wasn't something bad security wise about MI1, but there was a thread here about 4.3 getting pulled after a couple days due to it having so many bugs. I doubt the security stuff was too much more lax though.

gnubian
Old
Thanks Meter 107
I am highly confused as to what in this thread points to any such security flaws in mi1....

k1mu
Old
Thanks Meter 1244

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnubian View Post
I am highly confused as to what in this thread points to any such security flaws in mi1....
It doesn't point to any security flaws in MI1. The phone in question had a MDK bootloader with a MI1 build.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock MJ7, now rooted!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

scryan
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnubian View Post
As stated above, nothing.

One could interpret it as a possibility that the short period between one release and the other means Verizon rushed a security fix out... But nothing really indicates that as the case... And plenty indicates other reasons for the rush.

So wishful thinking/one posters guess, that's it.

gnubian
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by scryan View Post
As stated above, nothing.

One could interpret it as a possibility that the short period between one release and the other means Verizon rushed a security fix out... But nothing really indicates that as the case... And plenty indicates other reasons for the rush.

So wishful thinking/one posters guess, that's it.
I know!! That was my point. Maybe I should have laid the sarcasm on thicker. I was wondering why this thread kept getting revived with speculation there is no evidence for. It needs to die/be closed. I am aware he was on mdk (see previous page) and have reading comprehension skills enough to know it doesn't mention security flaws. Rip silly, misleading thread.