5,599,677 Members 46,691 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to downgrade to .534 to root phone. Missing IMEI

Tip us?

eclyptos
Old
(Last edited by eclyptos; 3rd February 2014 at 06:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernj175 View Post
I would do but i do not have a ''file'' as such.... When i extract the zip. I have a complete breakdown of the file in sin format and it includes boot folder, META-INF folder and 14 different .sin files.

My understanding is that all together these will make a ftf file but i cant get them into that format. They are in one folder and when opened it gives me a complete breakdown of the file in sin format.
I cannot explain it more and i am unable to copy and paste on here what it is i am seeing.
I have never had this problems with any files before and i cannot figure out what i am doing wrong this time
Ok, now I understand, you get files like on the pictures I posted, right?

Then rename the .zip file to .ftf. If you do not see the extensions on your PC like .txt, .doc, then go to Control Pannel > Folder Options > View and uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types" then Apply and go to rename the Zip file to .ftf and you are ready to flash.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_067.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	2556019  
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bernj175
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Ok, now I understand, you get files like on the pictures I posted, right?

Then rename the .zip file to .ftf. If you do not see the extensions on your PC like .txt, .doc, then go to Control Pannel > Folder Options > View and uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types" then Apply and go to rename the Zip file to .ftf and you are ready to flash.

Thanks. Will do that and have another go.

bernj175
Old
(Last edited by bernj175; 3rd February 2014 at 09:27 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok. Now got the phone rooted, backed up and updated to latest version.

Thanks again for the help. Now i can go get some sleep.

livelyyoungman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Can the firmware (.534) by NUT be used with C6902 model?
Thanks to anyone who is assisting me.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by livelyyoungman View Post
Can the firmware (.534) by NUT be used with C6902 model?
Thanks to anyone who is assisting me.
Not really, is for C6903 only and I will not recommend to cross over. BTW, to avoid the IMEI lost in the case to downgrade directly to .534 with other Firmware just exclude "Baseband" and all will be fine.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

MohammadAG
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3317

DONATE TO ME
If you're planning to upgrade anyway you'll get your IMEI back, so just root it and upgrade.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app
Follow me on Twitter: @MohammadAG
Google+: https://plus.google.com/103508952817353883168/posts

Check out my Xposed modules.
Send files with Android Beamô on Android 4.1+: File Beam (Touch to Send)
Enable USB Mass Storage Mode on Samsung devices with SG USB Mass Storage Enabler.
Use your flashlight at different brightness levels with Adjustable Torch.
Enable Music Controls on your S-View screen with S-View Music Controls

livelyyoungman
Old
(Last edited by livelyyoungman; 7th February 2014 at 01:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Not really, is for C6903 only and I will not recommend to cross over. BTW, to avoid the IMEI lost in the case to downgrade directly to .534 with other Firmware just exclude "Baseband" and all will be fine.
Thanks for the post.

No that did not work for me. Downgrading to .534 excluding "Baseband" too resulted in loss of IMEI. Tried a few times and failed miserably. I feel I will have to downgrade to .257 before getting to .534 as this is the other suggestion to downgrade without loosing IMEI. But the issue I am facing is that the flash tool does not seem to recognize the .257 ftf file that I downloaded. Not sure why. So planning to download the Global .257 release and then try downgrading to .534 so as to get to rooted status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
If you're planning to upgrade anyway you'll get your IMEI back, so just root it and upgrade.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app
I would be upgrading to the latest firmware but need a rooted device. Rooting 4.3 without unlocking the BL is not possible. Hence want to take the round about way of getting this achieved.