Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,194 Members 41,486 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Semi-Bricked Note 2

Tip us?

dosnoventa
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Exclamation Semi-Bricked Note 2

I was Running low on battery when my phone turns off, and when i go to charge it, the gray loading battery shows up and freezes right there. This had happened to me before and usually a quick unplug and battery pull would fix it, but then after doing that it still happened, so i tried bootiing, and i got stuck at the splash (GALAXY Note II) logo, same as the gray battery. I can access the recovery and download modes but i cant boot it or get past the gray loading battery. (By gray loading battery i mean the one with the loading circle in the middle before the one with green on the bottom shows up.)
I dont know what to do, but im going to make a nandroid backup and reinstall my rom when i get the chance. I have no idea whatsoever of what could be causing this, i have not installed anything recently nor modded anything, this happened at a random given time. I am running DN3 v3.1.1 N7105 LTE Edition Android 4.3
Any suggestions please leave a post, need help.

THNX IN ADVANCE

Coug76
Old
Thanks Meter 592
I have a couple questions.

What was the last official update you took for this device (Odin, OTA, Kies)?

Did this start right after the DN 3 flash? Did you follow the instructions completely for the flash (including the obligatory wipes)?

If yes to the above, did you check md5 on the rom prior to flashing? If not, do you still have the file (check the md5 against what it should be).

Have you messed with any partitions?

Have you changed recoveries recently?

When did you get the device and from what venue?

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

Double0EK
Old
Thanks Meter 801
Which Kernel are you using?