Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,743 Members 42,557 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tell HTC what you think of no more One X updates!

Tip us?

yasir1997
Old
Thanks Meter 5
If s3 can get updates and also old apple phones then why cant HOX

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

TheVisnu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I dont know how to react to that statement of HTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasir1997 View Post
If s3 can get updates and also old apple phones then why cant HOX

HTC said the Tegra 3 Chip does not support 4.4.2 thats bulls**t.

Maybe they wont pay for an extra Update for an another Chip. If HTC makes another mistake like that Update canceling, I would never buy HTC again.

I really hope HTC makes some good changes I'm very exited to see the new HTC M8.

One-M8-Master
Old
Thanks Meter 2238
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVisnu View Post
HTC said the Tegra 3 Chip does not support 4.4.2 thats bulls**t.

Maybe they wont pay for an extra Update for an another Chip. If HTC makes another mistake like that Update canceling, I would never buy HTC again.

I really hope HTC makes some good changes I'm very exited to see the new HTC M8.

it's not HTC ...it's because nvidia dropped support after 4.2.2...so anything above requires newer kernel and many other things which nvidia doesn't share with HTC because they dropped support for hox/hox+ and LG 4xHD tegra revision...so it's not really HTC's fault!...this time HTC isnt able to do ANYTHING...it's the same like with the Gnex ....SoC manufacturer dropped support for their SoC so they can't update officially higher then the last official update! or like with htc one s ...the snapdragon s3 or so isn't supported anymore...
Its simple read before asking and use the search button and always be thankful its FREE!!!

Devices : HTC HD2 (Sold/broken), HTC One X (has my sister now), HTC One M8 (current) (changing roms always after few weeks of use and testing)

The Following User Says Thank You to One-M8-Master For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

saitch76
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-X-master View Post
it's not HTC ...it's because nvidia dropped support after 4.2.2...so anything above requires newer kernel and many other things which nvidia doesn't share with HTC because they dropped support for hox/hox+ and LG 4xHD tegra revision...so it's not really HTC's fault!...this time HTC isnt able to do ANYTHING...it's the same like with the Gnex ....SoC manufacturer dropped support for their SoC so they can't update officially higher then the last official update! or like with htc one s ...the snapdragon s3 or so isn't supported anymore...
It's a manufacturer's responsibility to their customers to invest in responsible suppliers and HTC hasn't. Simple as that.
Someone has already said in this thread that they paid HTC for their phone and not nvidia. Again it's as simple as that.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk
HTC One X+ (International) -- Soon to be LG G3 D855
ROM: InsertCoin 5.0-6 by baadnewz with Nova Launcher
HBOOT: 1.35.0000
Kernel: nik3r's EliteKernel OXP 140628
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0
Radio: 3.1204.168.32

One-M8-Master
Old
Thanks Meter 2238
Quote:
Originally Posted by saitch76 View Post
It's a manufacturer's responsibility to their customers to invest in responsible suppliers and HTC hasn't. Simple as that.
Someone has already said in this thread that they paid HTC for their phone and not nvidia. Again it's as simple as that.

Yea that doesn't matter...we all paid for the phone not Nvidia. ..but if nvidia don't want to support the chipset anymore HTC can't do anything for it...its not only HTC..LG has the sane problem with the 4XHD. ..

Gesendet von meinem One X mit Tapatalk
Its simple read before asking and use the search button and always be thankful its FREE!!!

Devices : HTC HD2 (Sold/broken), HTC One X (has my sister now), HTC One M8 (current) (changing roms always after few weeks of use and testing)

saitch76
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-X-master View Post
Yea that doesn't matter...we all paid for the phone not Nvidia. ..but if nvidia don't want to support the chipset anymore HTC can't do anything for it...its not only HTC..LG has the sane problem with the 4XHD. ..

Gesendet von meinem One X mit Tapatalk
And it should be nvidia that suffers for that rather than HTC customers.

HTC One X+ (International) -- Soon to be LG G3 D855
ROM: InsertCoin 5.0-6 by baadnewz with Nova Launcher
HBOOT: 1.35.0000
Kernel: nik3r's EliteKernel OXP 140628
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0
Radio: 3.1204.168.32