Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,865 Members 44,392 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Deeper sleep

Tip us?

sgorveatt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Deeper sleep

Hello fellow androiders.

I have smartphone on me at all times and it is configured to send all of my notifications to me real time. It does a great job at keeping me in the loop. I also have this Nexus 7 (2012) that I enjoy for movie watching and the occasional web browsing session. What I'm looking to do is find a way to maximize the battery life drastically on the Nexus 7. I would like to turn off basically everything when I put my tablet to sleep. I found the option to turn off WiFi when asleep and its a big help, but I'd like a unnecessary background process to shut off as well.

So I was wondering if I could "dumb down" my Nexus 7 to help maximize battery life. I basically don't want it to do anything in the background. I want it to be a portable DVD player that will occasionally do some web browsing. I'm comfortable flashing Roms and Kernels, I just don't know which one is best for my demands. Or are there some settings that would help achieve ultimate battery life?

Second question, is there an app that will allow my tablet to auto shutdown after a set period of inactivity?

gsmyth
Old
Thanks Meter 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgorveatt View Post
Hello fellow androiders.

I have smartphone on me at all times and it is configured to send all of my notifications to me real time. It does a great job at keeping me in the loop. I also have this Nexus 7 (2012) that I enjoy for movie watching and the occasional web browsing session. What I'm looking to do is find a way to maximize the battery life drastically on the Nexus 7. I would like to turn off basically everything when I put my tablet to sleep. I found the option to turn off WiFi when asleep and its a big help, but I'd like a unnecessary background process to shut off as well.

So I was wondering if I could "dumb down" my Nexus 7 to help maximize battery life. I basically don't want it to do anything in the background. I want it to be a portable DVD player that will occasionally do some web browsing. I'm comfortable flashing Roms and Kernels, I just don't know which one is best for my demands. Or are there some settings that would help achieve ultimate battery life?

Second question, is there an app that will allow my tablet to auto shutdown after a set period of inactivity?
I also turn WiFi off when sleeping and also background sync.
The below app can be used to automate shutting down your device after the screen goes off. There's also AutomateIt on the play store which is good as well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utomateddevice

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 - GoldenEye
Nexus 7 32GB WiFi 2012 - Stock rooted 4.4.3