who think that jelly bean was better???

Search This thread

metko

Oct 1, 2010
prizren
Im on MJ7 and since the kitkat update leaked im thinking of updating but not sure because theres no going back.On MJ7 i have no issues whatsoever (at least none that i know of) battery life with powesaver is also very good 2 days.Any advice should i upgrade?

Raphy511

Jan 19, 2011
Reims
It is because it is the first release. Just wait the next KitKat version, flash it and wipe your phone, it must be better than Jellybean.

caved

Aug 30, 2008
Hallos,
I upgraded from mj7 yesterday. I use Crashrom v4.3 kk. It is just as stable and alot faster then JB. The only problem i encountered was that tomtom couldnt find its drawer on extSdCard. Copying it to internal SD solved it. Not a great solution but i expect it to be fixed soon. Batterylife is absoluteluly great for me, better then my JB was. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda premium

demirlijanp

Feb 3, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
I think that na06 kitkat is just great :) the only downside is that there are no custom kernels for it yet,but we will get there in time.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

cerulei

Nov 15, 2011
nichelino
Who think that jellybean was more stable and fast and great then kitkat ????

kitkat my opinion, faster, more stable, it consumes very little battery even with the stock kernel

---------- Post added at 05:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

I think that na06 kitkat is just great :) the only downside is that there are no custom kernels for it yet,but we will get there in time.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I use as a kernel-civiz katEngime. excellent

tclocki

May 14, 2013
Im very happy with the stock na1 firmware on my phone. Its an n9002 anyway so I dont have much of a choice. I'd probably stick to this firmware until something really major comes out.

syhnuria

Jan 20, 2009
PGU
Absolutely kitkat is better, more smooth yhen jelly bean. Honest opinion.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

The real question is not if JB was "greatest ever", the real question is if KK brings (much) more advantages than disadvantages.

JB 4.3:

- stable, extremely well tested
- no SD problem
- voice recorder
- I am on MI7 bootloader and I can install any stock Samsung 4.3 and still have Knox 0x0 and root

KK 4.4.2:

- unstable in many configurations
- new SD permisssions, many older programs have problems
- no voice recorder
- no coming back after the new bootloader
- there WILL be another KK release from Samsung to fix known problems
- only apparent advantage is better battery and somehow better latency (mostly in stock programs) - but on my 4.3 configuration I already have excellent battery (my record is 4 days and almost 10 hours of screen) and I am using programs like Apex launcher and exDialer that already have excellent latency in most of my normal tasks.

So for the moment I am staying with 4.3. and being very happy with it :cool:

EDIT:

Also an advantage of KK is the fact that there seems to be more free memory (which IMHO is just the video driver no longer reserving stuff in advance). But since I have most of the stuff that I do not use frozen in Titanium Backup I have plenty of memory for the moment (I am coming from an i9300 where you were basically getting less than 800MB in total, around 300MB free in stock-derived ROMs, so from under 300MB to 1000+ is kind of OK for my immediate needs :) )

Last edited:

red_brindle

Jan 29, 2009
Im also holding back to upgrade to KK,

I've got no issues so far with my rooted MK2. I know there's no turning back once you jumped shipped to KK, so i'm patiently waiting for a more stable release before i let my itchy hands loose :)

JAMIE1000UK

Feb 16, 2009
leicester uk
I'm playing with the idea. One day I want it. Next I don't. . Purely based on user reviews and personal experience using Stock 4.4 in another device.

Waiting on BTU update. . Frustrating!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
I was sitting on the fence too about upgrading to KK nut as I have 2 note 3's I thought bugger it, I'll go with one of each...
Set up both Note exactly the same to see what would happen. Jb ate up arond 30% battery over 8 hours while KK only used 20%.
Overall KK was faster. it isn't majorly different eye candy but under the hood has been tweaked big time.
I never had the problems with the sd cards, the flash went off without a hitch and everything was working fine.
I gave myself 3 days to test then upgraded the other one as the experience was so much better...
Only missed some of the theme mods as most others I use worked but that has been fixed with time...
Would recommend going to KK as you will find it better, though you might nee to find the mods again that work with KK...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The real question is not if JB was "greatest ever", the real question is if KK brings (much) more advantages than disadvantages.

JB 4.3:

- stable, extremely well tested
    - no SD problem
    - voice recorder
    - I am on MI7 bootloader and I can install any stock Samsung 4.3 and still have Knox 0x0 and root

KK 4.4.2:

- unstable in many configurations
    - new SD permisssions, many older programs have problems
    - no voice recorder
    - no coming back after the new bootloader
    - there WILL be another KK release from Samsung to fix known problems
    - only apparent advantage is better battery and somehow better latency (mostly in stock programs) - but on my 4.3 configuration I already have excellent battery (my record is 4 days and almost 10 hours of screen) and I am using programs like Apex launcher and exDialer that already have excellent latency in most of my normal tasks.

So for the moment I am staying with 4.3. and being very happy with it :cool:

EDIT:

Also an advantage of KK is the fact that there seems to be more free memory (which IMHO is just the video driver no longer reserving stuff in advance). But since I have most of the stuff that I do not use frozen in Titanium Backup I have plenty of memory for the moment (I am coming from an i9300 where you were basically getting less than 800MB in total, around 300MB free in stock-derived ROMs, so from under 300MB to 1000+ is kind of OK for my immediate needs :) )
    I just decided i wont update now im rethinking my decision.. :D

Same here, every day I was thinking to update. But a whispering voice said, wait and be patient.......and I will be :)