Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,313 Members 49,870 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Why can't I use my full internal storage?

Tip us?

mrlaigle
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Safe strap is sandboxed even the stock rom slot. Nothing you do it in can hard brick you. You can always Odin back.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

lmike6453
Old
Thanks Meter 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by b00mb00mchuck View Post
Just increases the chance of borking your device if something goes wrong with the stock slot... You could also just create a slot with a larger memory partition so you are still SAFEstrapped

Loading a custom rom in Stock slot goes against the whole purpose of why Safestrap was created.

It's a bummer when the stock slot goes bad and the phone won't even boot into download mode to use Odin and hack your way out of a tight spot.
How can a ROM not booting affect the Download mode portion of the phone?
Since we have locked bootloaders and the ROM loads after the kernel that controls the hot keys combinations at boot, I don't get it and never heard of such a thing happening to anyone
Verizon Galaxy Note 3 - JB 4.3