[HELP] Cannot add google account - can't establish reliable connection

6th February 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

213 posts
I have been using my XT926 for some months in the UK now and have to say its a brilliant phone. Since yesterday however i have been unable to sync anything related to google (gmail, contacts, etc). I had rooted a little over a week ago so thinking something had gone wrong i performed a factory reset. The reset went fine and the phone booted up to a stock state but when it came to adding my google account i got the error "cant establish a reliable connection to the server...". At first i figured this must be a connection issue but after loading up the web browser i'm able to load all sites including google web mail so my connection is perfectly fine. I then got hold of my galaxy tab 2 and checked my google sync status on there - it was working fine. I'm now sat here with a phone that has no google services and i'm wondering what has gone wrong ? I've searched online and many have similar problems where clearing the cache or factory resetting has solved it but in my case this hasnt helped. Any ideas ?
6th February 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 24

145 posts
More
checked this thread already, I assume!?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2110225
The Following User Says Thank You to StefanGA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

213 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanGA

checked this thread already, I assume!?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2110225

Hi Stefan, I hadnt seen that thread prior to you linking it so havent tried the solution. I'll re-root my device and give it a go but after factory resetting i'm sceptical to this working. Something would appear to be seriously wrong with my phone.
6th February 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

213 posts
Hi Stefan,
Just wanted to say thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Rooted, deleted hosts file and all is working again. I guess the factory reset didnt restore the hosts file from when i previously rooted. I'm just happy to have this amazing phone back working again !
6th February 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 24

145 posts
More
Great to hear I could help. thanks for the feedback - that's why I like this community. Have fun!

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in RAZR HD Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank