Problem trying to flash Android Revolution

Search This thread

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Thanks for the reply. The excercise is so that I can return to stock. I've looked round loads of threads and (as I have previously confessed) have been left a bit stumped. That's why I have very politely asked if someone could help me out.

Thanks.

But wait your goal was to flash arhd 51.0 ? and now you are asking to revert back to stock lol... make up your mind :rolleyes:

if you want to flash arhd 51.0 then now with s-off it should work fine.

if you want to go back to stock just go to nkk71' guide (you can find the link in SaHiLzZ signature)

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Man, i don't know why this guys made you s-off and everything.

You don't need S-off to install ARHD. The only thing you was doing wrong was using CWM. To install 4.2.2 android rom you need TWRP 2.6.3.3 or higher.

:)

many users reported not being able to use newest arhd with s-on

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50084310&postcount=174

anyway thanks for the twrp info, I missed that from the OP

Last edited:

Mpsya

Nov 9, 2013
But wait your goal was to flash arhd 51.0 ? and now you are asking to revert back to stock lol... make up your mind :rolleyes:

if you want to flash arhd 51.0 then now with s-off it should work fine.

if you want to go back to stock just go to nkk71' guide (you can find the link in SaHiLzZ signature)

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

many users reported not being able to use newest arhd with s-on

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50084310&postcount=174

anyway thanks for the twrp info, I missed that from the OP

Thanks again Alray. I'm totally tying myself in knots. I want to update to Kitkat (hence me talking about arhd 51) and if possible go back to stock in the process. I initially thought that returning to stock would be impossible for me to work out but with your help I seem to have got part of the way there so thought I'd try and finish the process. Sorry for the confusion, my bad.

I'll check out the returning to stock guide you mentioned. Does the Nandroid file you linked me to earlier work in place of the RUU?

You've been a great help. Thank you!

alray

May 22, 2012
Thanks again Alray. I'm totally tying myself in knots. I want to update to Kitkat (hence me talking about arhd 51) and if possible go back to stock in the process. I initially thought that returning to stock would be impossible for me to work out but with your help I seem to have got part of the way there so thought I'd try and finish the process. Sorry for the confusion, my bad.

I'll check out the returning to stock guide you mentioned. Does the Nandroid file you linked me to earlier work in place of the RUU?

You've been a great help. Thank you!

if you cant find a RUU for your phone (zip or exe) then use a nandroid backup. This is a little more complicated than using a ruu but with the guide you should be fine.

Did you tried to flash arhd 51.0? (using latest twrp as uxepro suggested?)

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Follow post 1 and (4 or 5) of the guide depending if you are using a cwm or twrp nandroid backup.

Mpsya

Nov 9, 2013
if you cant find a RUU for your phone (zip or exe) then use a nandroid backup. This is a little more complicated than using a ruu but with the guide you should be fine.

Did you tried to flash arhd 51.0? (using latest twrp as uxepro suggested?)

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Follow post 1 and (4 or 5) of the guide depending if you are using a cwm or twrp nandroid backup.

In an earlier post you told me there wasn't an RUU for my version (UK O2) and you linked me to a nandroid backup.

I didn't try arhd 51.0 as I'm not sure how to remove CWR and replace it with TWRP.

alray

May 22, 2012
In an earlier post you told me there wasn't an RUU for my version (UK O2) and you linked me to a nandroid backup.

I didn't try arhd 51.0 as I'm not sure how to remove CWR and replace it with TWRP.

AFAIK there is no for your version. you can try to googe search to be sure. Almost all ruu are listed on crushalot's site (htc1guru.com) and there is none for your version but there are some nandroid.

there is a 1.27.206.1 cwm nandroid and a 3.62.206.1 cwm nandroid on his site.

Last edited:

Mpsya

Nov 9, 2013
AFAIK there is no for your version. you can try to googe search to be sure. Almost all ruu are listed on crushalot's site (htc1guru.com) and there is none for your version but there are some nandroid.

Cheers, I'd found that website and couldn't find an RUU either, guess I'll have to go with the Nandroid.

P.S I am aware that I am super-crap at this. I shouldn't have rooted in the first place as I didn't look in to it properly. The benefits of being rooted just aren't needed by me. I will be happy to receive the better late than never OTA updates from O2 should I ever manage to revert to stock.
I found this guide which seems a little more idiot proof http://htc-one.wonderhowto.com/how-...actory-settings-for-warranty-repairs-0149204/

I'll give it a try.

alray

May 22, 2012
Cheers, I'd found that website and couldn't find an RUU either, guess I'll have to go with the Nandroid.

P.S I am aware that I am super-crap at this. I shouldn't have rooted in the first place as I didn't look in to it properly. The benefits of being rooted just aren't needed by me. I will be happy to receive the better late than never OTA updates from O2 should I ever manage to revert to stock.
I found this guide which seems a little more idiot proof http://htc-one.wonderhowto.com/how-...actory-settings-for-warranty-repairs-0149204/

I'll give it a try.

I'll highly suggest not to proceed with this guide and head to nkk71's guide instead. If you have question you can post there, nkk71 and many others member are very active in this thread and they will help you if you need.

If you want the latest version of android, then why just you don't flash that damn arhd 51.0 ? arhd is always up-to-date, every time a new android version come out, arhd release a new rom...

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

I'll give it a try.

and btw that guide you linked explain how to use a ruu...... and they tell to go back s-on, what is not really advised...

Mpsya

Nov 9, 2013
If you want the latest version of android, then why just you don't flash that damn arhd 51.0 ? arhd is always up-to-date, every time a new android version come out, arhd release a new rom...

Because I have CWM and need TWRP and I don't know how to swap them. I've obviously Googled it but there is that much info relating to other devices/variants etc that I can't find what will work for me. If you know the method then please share.

alray

May 22, 2012
Because I have CWM and need TWRP and I don't know how to swap them. I've obviously Googled it but there is that much info relating to other devices/variants etc that I can't find what will work for me. If you know the method then please share.

you just have to download latest twrp from their site then place the .zip file in your adb/fastboot folder. then boot phone in bootloader, select fastboot

Code:
fastboot flash recovery name_of_file.zip
fastboot reboot-bootloader

Mpsya

Nov 9, 2013
you just have to download latest twrp from their site then place the .zip file in your adb/fastboot folder. then boot phone in bootloader, select fastboot

Code:
fastboot flash recovery name_of_file.zip
fastboot reboot-bootloader

Thanks, already tried that though and it still booted into CWR.

Did it through Goomanger from the Play store in the end. Now to try and install Revolution 51.0.

Thanks again for the help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nope, S-On. I cleared the cache by a command prompt in windows and managed to get into recovery and load a nandroid in CWM. So I'm back to where I started before trying to flash Revolution.

I just want to update to the lastest version of Android available for my model. I'd love to unroot and return to stock but so far I have not been able to follow the guides I have found as they require S-OFF. If someone can show me a way to return to stock I will bow down and hail you as the all knowing Android God that you are!

I'm in the UK and on O2.

My HBOOT Screen reads:

*** TAMPERED ***
    *** UNLCOKED ***
    M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
    HBOOT-1.54.0000
    RADIO-4A.17 3250.14
    OpenDSP-v31.120.274.0617
    OS-2.24.206.7
    eMMC-boot 2048MB
    Aug 6 2013,11:26:00.0

Thank you massively in advance.

Both options will require s-off. You should flash arhd 31.6 then s-off with rumrunner. After either flash arhd 51 or go back to stock

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
    Thank you.

I don't really want to install Revolution if I can avoid it. Can I just S-Off with Rimrunner without first installing arhd 31.?

If you have a working rom yes. I was suggesting arhd 31.6 because everything is already included in the rom tp successfuly s-off (rooted + unsecured kernel)

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
    Thank you.

The whole Rumrunner thing just seems so complicated. I just don't trust myself to get it right.

btw there is no RUU for your version. So if you want to go back to stock you'll need to do it from a Nandroid backup. Rumrunner shouldn't be hard to use if you follow the guide step by step. However if you feel you can't do it atm, just don't mess with your phone and take the time to read all you will need to know before.
    I think the lack of RUU is what stopped me dgoing ahead when I looked into this before.

When you say to do it from a Nandroid back up, where would I get this from? A previous one on my phone? Sorry for the stupid questions!

http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/m7-cwm-nandroid-backup-cid-o2__102-1-27-206-1-2013-03-30-zip/
    That's great. Thank you.

At what point of the Rumrunner process do I use this?

I massively appreciate the help.

you don't have to use it to s-off, it sonly a backup in case you must go back to stock. S-off is required if you want to flash arhd 51 or if you want to complete go back to stock (remove bootloader tempered flag and set to LOCKED instead of RELOCKED)