CM11 No Radio/no service

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By d0phoofd, Junior Member on 5th February 2014, 11:43 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi guys,

so i decided to try a nightly of CM11.(4.4.2) flashed with safestrap 3.65, rom slot-1 etc no errors what-so-ever; boots perfectly. (gapps not flashed yet)
After phone setup, i unlock my sim. --> then i see verry short 3G Vodafone. it disconnects and does not come back.
When i try to search for networks, i get an error wich sasy something like: "Error resolving networks". Sim toolkit is working.
also a request to unlock my simcard is popping-up at a random rate. it disappears after ~2s.

i google'd around and came accross the baseband wich might be an issue. the phone says i have "u_04.10.00r". seems like its the most stable one from what i read. I decided not to mess with it (yet), because i still works on stock rom.

Now i have flashed CyanFox (4.4.2) nightly. no change. (also gapps not flashed,)
Hope someone maybe has the same problem or even better knows a solution.

Edit: The last nightly i flashed is from CM11 official Feb/05. only difference is the sim unlock request pops up more frequently.It also shows a full radio bar for 1 sec after it disappears.
(gone too fast to input something...)

Edit 2: After the Feb/6 nightly, no change. i have been keeping my eye on the status info. it says the following:

Network: Unknown / unknown / Vodafone NL
Singal: -57 dBm 28 asu (variates)
mobile network type: unknown / unknown / UMTS
service status: Radio Off / not in use / in use

It is switching all the time. before it goes 'in use' it asks for sim unlock, goes away and it's for a short time in use.
I really have no clue...

Edit 3: Progress...

According to an other post i had to delete CellBroadcastReciever.apk from the zip file. re-installed, and i had network connection. but no internet. (singal indicator was orange).
After looking for running apps, the cell broadcaster was still running? (maybe i did not wiped correctly) after is stopped the app, my internet connection works!.
Im trying a really fresh install next, see what happens.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by d0phoofd; 6th February 2014 at 11:11 PM.
7th February 2014, 12:02 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
After deletion of romslot-1, re-creating one, wiping, deleting the CellBroadcastReceiver.apk from the install package. And finally installing...
It works like it should.

Maybe this is helpfull for someone in the future!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread