Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Low signal on new note 3

OP djscissorhands

31st January 2014, 05:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 54

437 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello I'm new to this thread as I've been a HTC user forever.

I just got my note 3 last night and it seems that I have low signal every where in Los Angeles. I only have 1 or 2 bars. I didn't have this issue with my HTC Evo which always had 5 bars..

I don't think it's Verizon network but the phone. Does any one else experience this issue? Is there a fix to get better signal?

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
31st January 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 381

1,667 posts
I haven't had signal issues with my note, but from all the reading on these forums. If you are having signal issues and your on the latest radios it's probably a hardware issue. Seems like there are some phones made in China and some from Korea with quality differences between them. Wait for others to chime in, but you might want to contact Verizon and get another phone sent.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
1st February 2014, 03:57 AM   |  #3  
I should go outside...
Thanks Meter: 52

301 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh68

I haven't had signal issues with my note, but from all the reading on these forums. If you are having signal issues and your on the latest radios it's probably a hardware issue. Seems like there are some phones made in China and some from Korea with quality differences between them. Wait for others to chime in, but you might want to contact Verizon and get another phone sent.

How can you check if yours was made in China or Korea?

I have the same problem, as do many. And it got way worse after the most recent update. See if you can get a replacement.

4th February 2014, 01:41 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

437 posts
Donate to Me
More
After spending an hour on the phone with tech support they suggested I go in and exchange my sim card so I did. Well that didn't change the low signal. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
5th February 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Just to add my $0.02.. I had the exact same problem and I purchased original my phone close to release day. It didn't matter what I did, but I would drop signal or always have terrible signal even though I was close to a tower. I also had a wiggling home key as well. Eventually my proximity sensor died on the phone, which at that point I had enough with it. I went in and returned it under warranty after having it for a month and a half. The new phone I got now actually has an earlier build then my original (under battery it's dated), but I have no issues with it at all. It was factory re-certified, but it runs like a champ and has none of the signal problems my original did. So I think there is definitely some truth to the idea that some have better builds than others based on where they were manufactured. I would return yours without a hesitation under the manufactures warranty. Hope that helps!
7th February 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

437 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks for helping at this point I've returned it 3 times in 10 days. I've got two different build dates and all of them still have low signal issue and calls dropping.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread