Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,635 Members 53,345 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Low signal on new note 3

Tip us?

djscissorhands
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54

DONATE TO ME
Default Low signal on new note 3

Hello I'm new to this thread as I've been a HTC user forever.

I just got my note 3 last night and it seems that I have low signal every where in Los Angeles. I only have 1 or 2 bars. I didn't have this issue with my HTC Evo which always had 5 bars..

I don't think it's Verizon network but the phone. Does any one else experience this issue? Is there a fix to get better signal?

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
Help me grow my dropbox and get you more space when you sign up by clicking here
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HARDWARE: HTC EVO 4G LTE 003 S-OFF
ROM: SUPERJELLY-M4
RECOVERY: TWRP v2.4.4.0
KERNEL: 3.4.10
ANDROID | HBOOT | RADIO | FIRMWARE | PRI | PRL
4.1.1 | 1.12.2222 | 1.12.11.1210 | 3.16.651.3 CL147243 | 2.97_003 | 24014

mjh68
Old
Thanks Meter 370
I haven't had signal issues with my note, but from all the reading on these forums. If you are having signal issues and your on the latest radios it's probably a hardware issue. Seems like there are some phones made in China and some from Korea with quality differences between them. Wait for others to chime in, but you might want to contact Verizon and get another phone sent.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

NoFanboy
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh68 View Post
I haven't had signal issues with my note, but from all the reading on these forums. If you are having signal issues and your on the latest radios it's probably a hardware issue. Seems like there are some phones made in China and some from Korea with quality differences between them. Wait for others to chime in, but you might want to contact Verizon and get another phone sent.

How can you check if yours was made in China or Korea?

I have the same problem, as do many. And it got way worse after the most recent update. See if you can get a replacement.

djscissorhands
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54

DONATE TO ME
After spending an hour on the phone with tech support they suggested I go in and exchange my sim card so I did. Well that didn't change the low signal. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
Help me grow my dropbox and get you more space when you sign up by clicking here
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LTStorm07
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just to add my $0.02.. I had the exact same problem and I purchased original my phone close to release day. It didn't matter what I did, but I would drop signal or always have terrible signal even though I was close to a tower. I also had a wiggling home key as well. Eventually my proximity sensor died on the phone, which at that point I had enough with it. I went in and returned it under warranty after having it for a month and a half. The new phone I got now actually has an earlier build then my original (under battery it's dated), but I have no issues with it at all. It was factory re-certified, but it runs like a champ and has none of the signal problems my original did. So I think there is definitely some truth to the idea that some have better builds than others based on where they were manufactured. I would return yours without a hesitation under the manufactures warranty. Hope that helps!

djscissorhands
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for helping at this point I've returned it 3 times in 10 days. I've got two different build dates and all of them still have low signal issue and calls dropping.