XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S-View and Default SMS app

Tip us?

chiphox
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] S-View and Default SMS app

With android 4.4 giving the ability to select the default SMS app, could someone with an official s-view cover confirm whether any sms app can give a notification?

On 4.3, the S-View cover would only show an SMS notification if the message was taken through Samsung's messages app.
If kitkat allows you to select your own sms app, could someone confirm if the s-view cover still shows notifications with hangouts handling the sms?

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I couldn't turn up anything in my searches.

Many thanks in advance.

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1,415

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiphox View Post
With android 4.4 giving the ability to select the default SMS app, could someone with an official s-view cover confirm whether any sms app can give a notification?

On 4.3, the S-View cover would only show an SMS notification if the message was taken through Samsung's messages app.
If kitkat allows you to select your own sms app, could someone confirm if the s-view cover still shows notifications with hangouts handling the sms?

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I couldn't turn up anything in my searches.

Many thanks in advance.
Only shows Samsung's SMS app, Hangouts just has an icon in the corner, I haven't tested any other Apps. So cannot comment on them.
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chiphox
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
Only shows Samsung's SMS app, Hangouts just has an icon in the corner, I haven't tested any other Apps. So cannot comment on them.
That's disappointing.

Thank you for checking though!

maverick1103
Old
Thanks Meter 128
I was hoping Hangouts would work, but figured as this case is made by Samsung they want you to use their app.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Current phone....

HTC One M8, Gunmetal Grey

Current tablet

Nexus 7 (2013)

Previously owned...

Samsung Note 3, Sony Xperia Z1, HTC One, Sony Xperia Z White, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Grey (N7100), Samsung Galaxy S3 Blue (i9300), HTC One X White, HTC Desire HD, Nokia Lumia 800, Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9200), iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G.