Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 39,385 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Looking for app to save ip profiles

Tip us?

13lack13ox
Old
(Last edited by 13lack13ox; 5th February 2014 at 10:08 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Question [Q] Looking for app to save ip profiles

Hello anyone know of an app that can save static ip profiles for the same ssid, for jellybean?

A complete profile manager would do too (one that controls sounds, and what not) just as long as I can specify a static ip profile for an ssid. Then be able to setup another profile for the same ssid using a different static ip.

13lack13ox
Old
(Last edited by 13lack13ox; 7th February 2014 at 02:18 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
bump, iv'e tried a ton of different apps but they wont save different profiles for same ssid.....

Most of them seem to be dhcp profile and a static profile. Allowing you to fast switch between the 2. I just need to setup up 2 static ip profiles for the same ssid. to fast switch static ip's when i need to.

Reasons being is I have a secondary router(in client mode, dhcp disabled) that passes through the main router ( like a switch ) which has dhcp enabled. Sure i can do the dhcp and static thing, but I hate having my ip change from time to time. I have apps that need static ip's that I use with the main router. and inside the main one I cant specify a static ip with dhcp on, and well I need dhcp running on that one. For other reasons. Sorry my setup is messed up but its how I need it.

Even if i could disable dhcp on teh main router and setup static ip for all my network devices, I still need an app to save 2 static ip's >,< for the same ssid. I may try to mod an app, but jesus thats a whole nother ball game.

He"double hockey sticks" I'll even take configuring advice at this point. Perhaps I can do something. But I'm pretty sure this is how I need it. If you need details just ask.

bother router have different isp connections. I frequently change between them both on numerous devices. It's a pain to keep chnaging ips around...