5,604,730 Members 34,238 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Hard Bricked T989- Can T999 be done for this phone?

Tip us?

NEPAT989
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Storage [Q] Hard Bricked T989- Can T999 be done for this phone?

Hi,
I have a T989 that's been hard bricked for some time now. I wasn't interested in sending it out for JTAG because it was just a backup phone and it served its purpose. When it was working, it was a great phone.

Recently I came across a thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2439367) that shows how to unbrick a T999 (T-Mobile Galaxy S3) that shows QHSUSB_DLOAD without JTAG. (QHSUSB_DLOAD shows up in device manager when I plug my phone via usb.)

My question is, could this solution posibly work for the T989?

Thanks in advance.

Luminess
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You'll never know if you don't try... It's already hard bricked. What's the worst that could happen?

Trozzul
Old
Thanks Meter 144

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPAT989 View Post
Hi,
I have a T989 that's been hard bricked for some time now. I wasn't interested in sending it out for JTAG because it was just a backup phone and it served its purpose. When it was working, it was a great phone.

Recently I came across a thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2439367) that shows how to unbrick a T999 (T-Mobile Galaxy S3) that shows QHSUSB_DLOAD without JTAG. (QHSUSB_DLOAD shows up in device manager when I plug my phone via usb.)

My question is, could this solution posibly work for the T989?

Thanks in advance.
it would be great if this worked with our t989, i think i saw this thread on another website somewhere but doubted it too easily, i have 3 of these phones now xD hardbricked one, and on one it will not display anything, i have tried new screens but nothing, i think its the Ribbon cable on the motherboard.
"A man chooses, a slave obeys." - Andrew Ryan

Samsung Galaxy S2
Rom: Cyanogenmod 10.2 (4.3.1)

Rom: Cyanogemod 10.1.3 (4.2.2)
Asus Nexus 7
Rom: Stock (4.4.2) Broken Digitizer, any recommendations on amazon?
Chromecast
Rom: Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to Trozzul For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NEPAT989
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default T989 unbrick similar to T999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul View Post
it would be great if this worked with our t989, i think i saw this thread on another website somewhere but doubted it too easily, i have 3 of these phones now xD hardbricked one, and on one it will not display anything, i have tried new screens but nothing, i think its the Ribbon cable on the motherboard.
Does anyone know if someone can create a zip file similar to debrick zip used in the T999? Is it simply a boot image?