Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,420 Members 37,406 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Hard Bricked T989- Can T999 be done for this phone?

Tip us?

NEPAT989
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Storage [Q] Hard Bricked T989- Can T999 be done for this phone?

Hi,
I have a T989 that's been hard bricked for some time now. I wasn't interested in sending it out for JTAG because it was just a backup phone and it served its purpose. When it was working, it was a great phone.

Recently I came across a thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2439367) that shows how to unbrick a T999 (T-Mobile Galaxy S3) that shows QHSUSB_DLOAD without JTAG. (QHSUSB_DLOAD shows up in device manager when I plug my phone via usb.)

My question is, could this solution posibly work for the T989?

Thanks in advance.

Luminess
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You'll never know if you don't try... It's already hard bricked. What's the worst that could happen?

Trozzul
Old
Thanks Meter 193

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPAT989 View Post
Hi,
I have a T989 that's been hard bricked for some time now. I wasn't interested in sending it out for JTAG because it was just a backup phone and it served its purpose. When it was working, it was a great phone.

Recently I came across a thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2439367) that shows how to unbrick a T999 (T-Mobile Galaxy S3) that shows QHSUSB_DLOAD without JTAG. (QHSUSB_DLOAD shows up in device manager when I plug my phone via usb.)

My question is, could this solution posibly work for the T989?

Thanks in advance.
it would be great if this worked with our t989, i think i saw this thread on another website somewhere but doubted it too easily, i have 3 of these phones now xD hardbricked one, and on one it will not display anything, i have tried new screens but nothing, i think its the Ribbon cable on the motherboard.
"Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
"How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
"You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here."

Motorola Moto X
Stock KitKat 4.4.4 XT1060
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Rom: Cyanogemod 11 (4.4.4) P5113

Asus Nexus 7
Stock (4.4.4) Broken Digitizer, any recommendations?
Both Stopped turning on for no reason
Nikon Coolpix s800c
Stock Gingerbread (2.3.3)
The Following User Says Thank You to Trozzul For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NEPAT989
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default T989 unbrick similar to T999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul View Post
it would be great if this worked with our t989, i think i saw this thread on another website somewhere but doubted it too easily, i have 3 of these phones now xD hardbricked one, and on one it will not display anything, i have tried new screens but nothing, i think its the Ribbon cable on the motherboard.
Does anyone know if someone can create a zip file similar to debrick zip used in the T999? Is it simply a boot image?