5,598,938 Members 31,504 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Knox free modding on

Tip us?

mikesmccurdy
Old
(Last edited by mikesmccurdy; 6th February 2014 at 08:03 PM.) Reason: Accidentally posted before completing title Knox free Modding on T-Mobile Galaxy S4
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Default Knox free modding on

I just got my S4 moving off my HTC One and maybe I'm stupid but I can't seem to find a SAFESTRAP or my M919 MK2. I see all the cool mods listed but I'm missing the boat on how to load them safely. I just pulled this thing out of the box and I don't want to trip Knox if I don';t have to, (Super deal on factory sealed unit on Swappa.com - highly reccomend you trade there) These two skins are making MY skin crawl and I need to get Google Edition on here. Is anyone aware of a guide for idiots as I keep reading down dry holes and am not finding any answers. Thanks and KUDOS to all who help us get better. I know I'm a lot less scary than when I got here. I Sim unlocked the phone (didn't have to, but just cause I could to run on Simple Mobile/TMobile Tracfrone subsidiary. I also saferooted it so I am ready for the next step but don''t want a cliff. HELP!!! I also stupidly allowed the 4.3 OTA not thinking about what I was doing.....Me bad,

Android_Monsters
Old
Thanks Meter 747
Here you go: http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-developer-tv/

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mikesmccurdy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android_Monsters View Post
Here you go: http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-developer-tv/

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks a bunch. I had already rooted using saferoot but was unaware of Triangle Away. That is a great tool. I'm still not clear how to get CWM over there without tripping knox (I know I had 422 last night my bad) and if I am going to be able to run mods without safestrap. I understand the bootloader on the 919 is different and this may not be an issue but I've read two different opinions. I got the pnone new unsealed off swappa so I may not have a warranty to bother with but would like to try and protect it if I can. I can find tutorials for VZW and ATT but not TMO. I need to learn how to look better any advice appreciated. I'd just go for it but this knox thing is worrying me.

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 3872

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmccurdy View Post
Thanks a bunch. I had already rooted using saferoot but was unaware of Triangle Away. That is a great tool. I'm still not clear how to get CWM over there without tripping knox (I know I had 422 last night my bad) and if I am going to be able to run mods without safestrap. I understand the bootloader on the 919 is different and this may not be an issue but I've read two different opinions. I got the pnone new unsealed off swappa so I may not have a warranty to bother with but would like to try and protect it if I can. I can find tutorials for VZW and ATT but not TMO. I need to learn how to look better any advice appreciated. I'd just go for it but this knox thing is worrying me.
I don't think you have warranty, actually im pretty sure you dont. If it were me personally, i would just go ahead and do whatever you want. I think safestrap is the only option to do any sort of cwm. Otherwise, you will trip your knox counter.