OP mikesmccurdy

6th February 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 2

30 posts
Donate to Me
More
I just got my S4 moving off my HTC One and maybe I'm stupid but I can't seem to find a SAFESTRAP or my M919 MK2. I see all the cool mods listed but I'm missing the boat on how to load them safely. I just pulled this thing out of the box and I don't want to trip Knox if I don';t have to, (Super deal on factory sealed unit on Swappa.com - highly reccomend you trade there) These two skins are making MY skin crawl and I need to get Google Edition on here. Is anyone aware of a guide for idiots as I keep reading down dry holes and am not finding any answers. Thanks and KUDOS to all who help us get better. I know I'm a lot less scary than when I got here. I Sim unlocked the phone (didn't have to, but just cause I could to run on Simple Mobile/TMobile Tracfrone subsidiary. I also saferooted it so I am ready for the next step but don''t want a cliff. HELP!!! I also stupidly allowed the 4.3 OTA not thinking about what I was doing.....Me bad,
Last edited by mikesmccurdy; 6th February 2014 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Accidentally posted before completing title Knox free Modding on T-Mobile Galaxy S4
6th February 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 964

3,242 posts
More
Here you go: http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-developer-tv/

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th February 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 2

30 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android_Monsters

Here you go: http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-developer-tv/

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks a bunch. I had already rooted using saferoot but was unaware of Triangle Away. That is a great tool. I'm still not clear how to get CWM over there without tripping knox (I know I had 422 last night my bad) and if I am going to be able to run mods without safestrap. I understand the bootloader on the 919 is different and this may not be an issue but I've read two different opinions. I got the pnone new unsealed off swappa so I may not have a warranty to bother with but would like to try and protect it if I can. I can find tutorials for VZW and ATT but not TMO. I need to learn how to look better any advice appreciated. I'd just go for it but this knox thing is worrying me.
7th February 2014, 03:00 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4,468

6,920 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmccurdy

Thanks a bunch. I had already rooted using saferoot but was unaware of Triangle Away. That is a great tool. I'm still not clear how to get CWM over there without tripping knox (I know I had 422 last night my bad) and if I am going to be able to run mods without safestrap. I understand the bootloader on the 919 is different and this may not be an issue but I've read two different opinions. I got the pnone new unsealed off swappa so I may not have a warranty to bother with but would like to try and protect it if I can. I can find tutorials for VZW and ATT but not TMO. I need to learn how to look better any advice appreciated. I'd just go for it but this knox thing is worrying me.

I don't think you have warranty, actually im pretty sure you dont. If it were me personally, i would just go ahead and do whatever you want. I think safestrap is the only option to do any sort of cwm. Otherwise, you will trip your knox counter.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread