replacements for stock apps?

6th February 2014, 03:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

139 posts
I'm thinking about giving CM11 a try, but worried about some of the stock apps that I will no longer have, specifically anything that makes use of the s-pen. I'm wondering if there are usable replacements for things like S Note, Action Memos, Screen Writing, etc. Also, if anyone has a suggestion for the best replacement for the camera app, since that has a lot of features stock doesn't have
6th February 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #2  
Houston area
Thanks Meter: 664

922 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyboy0172

I'm thinking about giving CM11 a try, but worried about some of the stock apps that I will no longer have, specifically anything that makes use of the s-pen. I'm wondering if there are usable replacements for things like S Note, Action Memos, Screen Writing, etc. Also, if anyone has a suggestion for the best replacement for the camera app, since that has a lot of features stock doesn't have

In the Play Store, CM S Pen Add-on and Note Buddy (S Pen Helper), for S Pen functionality. Papyrus and/or Memo (by Nathan Garside), for Note taking.

Try this, for a more full featured camera: http://galaxy-note-3.wonderhowto.com...dsoruce_bottom

Sent from my SM-N900P
The Following User Says Thank You to LMMT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #3  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 685

1,611 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMMT

In the Play Store, CM S Pen Add-on and Note Buddy (S Pen Helper), for S Pen functionality. Papyrus and/or Memo (by Nathan Garside), for Note taking.

Try this, for a more full featured camera: http://galaxy-note-3.wonderhowto.com...dsoruce_bottom

Sent from my SM-N900P

Thanks, I tend to "collect" camera apps, hadn't heard of this one.

Sent from my calculator watch.
The Following User Says Thank You to kingdazy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #4  
Houston area

922 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdazy

Thanks, I tend to "collect" camera apps, hadn't heard of this one.

Give it a try, let me know your impressions.

Sent from my SM-N900P
7th February 2014, 01:53 AM   |  #5  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 685

1,611 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMMT

Give it a try, let me know your impressions.

Sent from my SM-N900P

Well, the first time I used it, it locked up my phone? (not exactly sure what happened, because I was letting a friend use it to take a pic, he tried and said "Huh? what happened? The screen is off... Wont turn on...". Battery pull. Hasn't happened since...)
But otherwise seems smart, well laid out, responsive, the effects seem well chosen and plentiful... But using 90% of them introduces major viewfinder lag. (most time I don't use effects, perhaps a bit of vignetting, contrast push, so no real loss there.)
Couple of translation oddities in some functions, and the weibo stuff seems superfluous...
All in all, I like it, will play a bit more, not sure if it will be a complete replacement for say Vignette, but might for the stock..

The Following User Says Thank You to kingdazy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2014, 02:02 AM   |  #6  
Houston area

922 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdazy

Well, the first time I used it, it locked up my phone? (not exactly sure what happened, because I was letting a friend use it to take a pic, he tried and said "Huh? what happened? The screen is off... Wont turn on...". Battery pull. Hasn't happened since...)
But otherwise seems smart, well laid out, responsive, the effects seem well chosen and plentiful... But using 90% of them introduces major viewfinder lag. (most time I don't use effects, perhaps a bit of vignetting, contrast push, so no real loss there.)
Couple of translation oddities in some functions, and the weibo stuff seems superfluous...
All in all, I like it, will play a bit more, not sure if it will be a complete replacement for say Vignette, but might for the stock..

Hmmm, that's interesting. I didn't experience any of those issues, when I was using it. Thanks for the update.

Sent from my SM-N900P
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread