LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Tiny bit of the anti-shatter screen protector burning off?

OP bryanky5

5th February 2014, 05:00 AM   |  #11  
Flag New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,021

1,511 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanky5

Yeah I'm buying a screen protector..I will get a tempered glass one later. I can't seem to buy the Armorz one though

Yeah I really liked that one. However it doesn't fit inside my DK30 dock. so back to a plastic one
5th February 2014, 05:10 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 29

236 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdogg

Yeah I really liked that one. However it doesn't fit inside my DK30 dock. so back to a plastic one

Agreed...
I use normal sp,if they are scratched i change straightaway coz they are darn cheap...
5th February 2014, 09:00 AM   |  #13  
Flag Glendale, AZ
Thanks Meter: 112

779 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdogg

Damn... Already ordered glass-m, and was seriously considering the dk30... Now I'm a sad android.

Sent a long time ago from a galaxy far, far away...
5th February 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #14  
Flag Írebro, Sweden
Thanks Meter: 404

1,485 posts
More
I got a highly annoying scratch in the middle of the screen on the factory protector after just three days that was very visible when the screen was on. I never put protectors on my phones and I never get scratches after months of use.

So I removed the protector and go naked from now on as I always do.
6th February 2014, 10:41 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 69

944 posts
More
Supposedly Sony replace for new anti shatter protector after each repair is that correct? As I asked for mine to be changed and Ok they said yes. So if that's the case why did people remove the anti shatter film and just void their warranty instead of getting Sony to change it. Plus I had problems with my Usb port and Usb cover so sending it off tomorrow

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
6th February 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #16  
Flag Glendale, AZ

779 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathlynn22

Supposedly Sony replace for new anti shatter protector after each repair is that correct? As I asked for mine to be changed and Ok they said yes. So if that's the case why did people remove the anti shatter film and just void their warranty instead of getting Sony to change it. Plus I had problems with my Usb port and Usb cover so sending it off tomorrow

some people prefer the feel of the glass. also, its a HUGE fingerprint magnet (more than any pure glass ive ever used).

im in the middle of removing mine right now. its incredibly tedious and annoying, but itll be worth it once i get my glass-m on it!

6th February 2014, 11:06 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 69

944 posts
More
Or put the glass m over the top and not void warranty. It may be a finger print magnet I no that. But I'd rather wipe it and carry on instead of spending about a scary tedious 2-3 hours taking it off voiding warranty just for some finger prints. Just my opinion but still. I gotta send mine off hopefully tomorrow though. I hope they fix my problems without charging me etc.

6th February 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #18  
Flag Glendale, AZ

779 posts
More
Quote:

Or put the glass m over the top and not void warranty. It may be a finger print magnet I no that. But I'd rather wipe it and carry on instead of spending about a scary tedious 2-3 hours taking it off voiding warranty just for some finger prints. Just my opinion but still. I gotta send mine off hopefully tomorrow though. I hope they fix my problems without charging me etc.

Just finished. Took a little under an hour. I had some scratches on the screen, so I didn't wanna spend $40 on a screen protector to place over the scratches. Also, I've read about screen distortion and reduced sensitivity when placing a protector over the stock ASP. I know not everyone experiences it, but with my luck, I would... Lol. I hope you get yours taken care of fast and at no charge, mate.

Sent a long time ago from a galaxy far, far away...
7th February 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #19  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,663

15,002 posts
More
Quote:

Something tells me that most people are not interested in saying "bye bye" to their ZU for 1-8 weeks every time they get a scratch

The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread