Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,243 Members 51,894 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tiny bit of the anti-shatter screen protector burning off?

Tip us?

hamdogg
Old
Thanks Meter 1006

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanky5 View Post
Yeah I'm buying a screen protector..I will get a tempered glass one later. I can't seem to buy the Armorz one though
Yeah I really liked that one. However it doesn't fit inside my DK30 dock. so back to a plastic one

ronald_loulan
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdogg View Post
Yeah I really liked that one. However it doesn't fit inside my DK30 dock. so back to a plastic one
Agreed...
I use normal sp,if they are scratched i change straightaway coz they are darn cheap...

stretchwookie
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdogg View Post
Damn... Already ordered glass-m, and was seriously considering the dk30... Now I'm a sad android.

Sent a long time ago from a galaxy far, far away...
Do NOT hit the Thanks button, hit my Dropbox instead! http://db.tt/dTPsORhG

dannejanne
Old
Thanks Meter 354
I got a highly annoying scratch in the middle of the screen on the factory protector after just three days that was very visible when the screen was on. I never put protectors on my phones and I never get scratches after months of use.

So I removed the protector and go naked from now on as I always do.

nathlynn22
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Supposedly Sony replace for new anti shatter protector after each repair is that correct? As I asked for mine to be changed and Ok they said yes. So if that's the case why did people remove the anti shatter film and just void their warranty instead of getting Sony to change it. Plus I had problems with my Usb port and Usb cover so sending it off tomorrow

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

stretchwookie
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathlynn22 View Post
Supposedly Sony replace for new anti shatter protector after each repair is that correct? As I asked for mine to be changed and Ok they said yes. So if that's the case why did people remove the anti shatter film and just void their warranty instead of getting Sony to change it. Plus I had problems with my Usb port and Usb cover so sending it off tomorrow

some people prefer the feel of the glass. also, its a HUGE fingerprint magnet (more than any pure glass ive ever used).

im in the middle of removing mine right now. its incredibly tedious and annoying, but itll be worth it once i get my glass-m on it!

nathlynn22
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Or put the glass m over the top and not void warranty. It may be a finger print magnet I no that. But I'd rather wipe it and carry on instead of spending about a scary tedious 2-3 hours taking it off voiding warranty just for some finger prints. Just my opinion but still. I gotta send mine off hopefully tomorrow though. I hope they fix my problems without charging me etc.

stretchwookie
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Or put the glass m over the top and not void warranty. It may be a finger print magnet I no that. But I'd rather wipe it and carry on instead of spending about a scary tedious 2-3 hours taking it off voiding warranty just for some finger prints. Just my opinion but still. I gotta send mine off hopefully tomorrow though. I hope they fix my problems without charging me etc.

Just finished. Took a little under an hour. I had some scratches on the screen, so I didn't wanna spend $40 on a screen protector to place over the scratches. Also, I've read about screen distortion and reduced sensitivity when placing a protector over the stock ASP. I know not everyone experiences it, but with my luck, I would... Lol. I hope you get yours taken care of fast and at no charge, mate.

Sent a long time ago from a galaxy far, far away...

LordManhattan
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5649
Quote:

Something tells me that most people are not interested in saying "bye bye" to their ZU for 1-8 weeks every time they get a scratch

The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]