FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

Tiny bit of the anti-shatter screen protector burning off?

72 posts
Thanks Meter: 8
 
By bryanky5, Member on 3rd February 2014, 10:22 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
5th February 2014, 04:00 AM |#11  
hamdogg's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,032
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanky5

Yeah I'm buying a screen protector..I will get a tempered glass one later. I can't seem to buy the Armorz one though

Yeah I really liked that one. However it doesn't fit inside my DK30 dock. so back to a plastic one
 
 
5th February 2014, 04:10 AM |#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdogg

Yeah I really liked that one. However it doesn't fit inside my DK30 dock. so back to a plastic one

Agreed...
I use normal sp,if they are scratched i change straightaway coz they are darn cheap...
5th February 2014, 08:00 AM |#13  
Senior Member
Flag Glendale, AZ
Thanks Meter: 116
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdogg

Yeah I really liked that one. However it doesn't fit inside my DK30 dock. so back to a plastic one

Damn... Already ordered glass-m, and was seriously considering the dk30... Now I'm a sad android.

Sent a long time ago from a galaxy far, far away...
5th February 2014, 08:13 PM |#14  
Senior Member
Flag Írebro, Sweden
Thanks Meter: 438
 
More
I got a highly annoying scratch in the middle of the screen on the factory protector after just three days that was very visible when the screen was on. I never put protectors on my phones and I never get scratches after months of use.

So I removed the protector and go naked from now on as I always do.
6th February 2014, 09:41 PM |#15  
nathlynn22's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 114
 
More
Supposedly Sony replace for new anti shatter protector after each repair is that correct? As I asked for mine to be changed and Ok they said yes. So if that's the case why did people remove the anti shatter film and just void their warranty instead of getting Sony to change it. Plus I had problems with my Usb port and Usb cover so sending it off tomorrow

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
6th February 2014, 09:46 PM |#16  
Senior Member
Flag Glendale, AZ
Thanks Meter: 116
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathlynn22

Supposedly Sony replace for new anti shatter protector after each repair is that correct? As I asked for mine to be changed and Ok they said yes. So if that's the case why did people remove the anti shatter film and just void their warranty instead of getting Sony to change it. Plus I had problems with my Usb port and Usb cover so sending it off tomorrow

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

some people prefer the feel of the glass. also, its a HUGE fingerprint magnet (more than any pure glass ive ever used).

im in the middle of removing mine right now. its incredibly tedious and annoying, but itll be worth it once i get my glass-m on it!

6th February 2014, 10:06 PM |#17  
nathlynn22's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 114
 
More
Or put the glass m over the top and not void warranty. It may be a finger print magnet I no that. But I'd rather wipe it and carry on instead of spending about a scary tedious 2-3 hours taking it off voiding warranty just for some finger prints. Just my opinion but still. I gotta send mine off hopefully tomorrow though. I hope they fix my problems without charging me etc.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
6th February 2014, 10:25 PM |#18  
Senior Member
Flag Glendale, AZ
Thanks Meter: 116
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathlynn22

Or put the glass m over the top and not void warranty. It may be a finger print magnet I no that. But I'd rather wipe it and carry on instead of spending about a scary tedious 2-3 hours taking it off voiding warranty just for some finger prints. Just my opinion but still. I gotta send mine off hopefully tomorrow though. I hope they fix my problems without charging me etc.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

Just finished. Took a little under an hour. I had some scratches on the screen, so I didn't wanna spend $40 on a screen protector to place over the scratches. Also, I've read about screen distortion and reduced sensitivity when placing a protector over the stock ASP. I know not everyone experiences it, but with my luck, I would... Lol. I hope you get yours taken care of fast and at no charge, mate.

Sent a long time ago from a galaxy far, far away...
7th February 2014, 02:14 AM |#19  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,682
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathlynn22

Supposedly Sony replace for new anti shatter protector after each repair is that correct? As I asked for mine to be changed and Ok they said yes. So if that's the case why did people remove the anti shatter film and just void their warranty instead of getting Sony to change it. Plus I had problems with my Usb port and Usb cover so sending it off tomorrow

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

Something tells me that most people are not interested in saying "bye bye" to their ZU for 1-8 weeks every time they get a scratch
The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes