Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,322 Members 50,091 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

play store "insufficient storage" no fix works

Tip us?

Aairman23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default play store "insufficient storage" no fix works

I'm getting the play store "insufficient storage" notice (for almost every different app I try) despite having 8 GB of "free" internal storage and 20 GB of "free" ext. SD storage available. I unsuccessfully tried all the following supposed fixes:
  • Cleared Play store cash/data before and/or after a forced stop and including uninstalling play store updates.
  • Forced stopped "Google service framework"
  • Recovery->>cleared cash partition and dalvkc cash
  • Re-installing Gapps
  • running app cache cleaner
However, I WAS able to install grooveshark.apk apart from the play store with no problems.

Could this have anything to do with a LCD resolution change?

Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated, as I sick of factory resets, and am under the impression that even a factory reset may not fix the problem.

Beezer80
Old
(Last edited by Beezer80; 7th February 2014 at 02:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aairman23 View Post
I'm getting the play store "insufficient storage" notice (for almost every different app I try) despite having 8 GB of "free" internal storage and 20 GB of "free" ext. SD storage available. I unsuccessfully tried all the following supposed fixes:
  • Cleared Play store cash/data before and/or after a forced stop and including uninstalling play store updates.
  • Forced stopped "Google service framework"
  • Recovery->>cleared cash partition and dalvkc cash
  • Re-installing Gapps
  • running app cache cleaner
However, I WAS able to install grooveshark.apk apart from the play store with no problems.

Could this have anything to do with a LCD resolution change?

Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated, as I sick of factory resets, and am under the impression that even a factory reset may not fix the problem.

I had the same problem on my Nexus 7. If you use ES File Explorer don't forget to enable root browsing otherwise you won't see the folders.

This is what you need. You have to delete the folders for the apps that won't update in /data/app-lib/APP-PATH(that has this error)

Edit
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2443267
The Following User Says Thank You to Beezer80 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xfullmetal17
Old
Thanks Meter 45

DONATE TO ME
Double-check your link there, that's the link to the latest firmwares.

Anyway, use your favorite root file manager (or adb/terminal, if you're feeling brave) to do the folder delete.
Look! A distraction!
The Following User Says Thank You to xfullmetal17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Beezer80
Old
(Last edited by Beezer80; 7th February 2014 at 02:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfullmetal17 View Post
Double-check your link there, that's the link to the latest firmwares.

Anyway, use your favorite root file manager (or adb/terminal, if you're feeling brave) to do the folder delete.
Spot on. My mistake. Thanks.

Did someone say steak?