Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can't udpate Stock w Goodies to 3.16.651.3

OP nilscalk

7th February 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I bought an HTC Evo 4g lte on Amazon about a year ago that had Stock w Goodies on it. Since I've had it, I can't update it. It goes to a recovery screen that says it can't be updated because :
E:unkown volume for path [INTERNAL SDCARDownload/OTA_JEWEL_CL_JB_45_S_Sprint_WWE_3.16.651.3-2.13.651_release_306944k99qrh1rkg746oec.zip]
E:Can't mount INTERNAL SDCARDownload/OTA_JEWEL_CL_JB_45_S_Sprint_WWE_3.16.651.3-2.13.651_release_306944k99qrh1rkg746oec.zip]
Installation Aborted.

Can anyone help me understand what this means and how I can go about fixing this, if possible? I'm not too literate when it comes phone programming. Thank you.
7th February 2014, 01:38 AM   |  #2  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 297

776 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilscalk

I bought an HTC Evo 4g lte on Amazon about a year ago that had Stock w Goodies on it. Since I've had it, I can't update it. It goes to a recovery screen that says it can't be updated because :
E:unkown volume for path [INTERNAL SDCARDownload/OTA_JEWEL_CL_JB_45_S_Sprint_WWE_3.16.651.3-2.13.651_release_306944k99qrh1rkg746oec.zip]
E:Can't mount INTERNAL SDCARDownload/OTA_JEWEL_CL_JB_45_S_Sprint_WWE_3.16.651.3-2.13.651_release_306944k99qrh1rkg746oec.zip]
Installation Aborted.

Can anyone help me understand what this means and how I can go about fixing this, if possible? I'm not too literate when it comes phone programming. Thank you.

You have a rooted phone and possibly a custom recovery, the file that you are trying to install is an over the air update (ota) so it won't work because it needs a stock recovery, if you wanna start from scratch go here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1704612

[FIRMWARE][S-OFF] Jewel Firmware Collection - Latest: 3.17.651.4 OTA

And get all the updates from there, a little bit of more info is needed, what's your current firmware version and hboot, are you s-on or s-off... S-off will save you lots of headaches if you want to upgrade to the latest version...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
7th February 2014, 02:40 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocarog

You have a rooted phone and possibly a custom recovery, the file that you are trying to install is an over the air update (ota) so it won't work because it needs a stock recovery, if you wanna start from scratch go here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1704612

[FIRMWARE][S-OFF] Jewel Firmware Collection - Latest: 3.17.651.4 OTA

And get all the updates from there, a little bit of more info is needed, what's your current firmware version and hboot, are you s-on or s-off... S-off will save you lots of headaches if you want to upgrade to the latest version...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

From what I can see is: Hardware version 0003. Software Version Stock w Goodies 2.28. Andriod 4.0.4 HTC Sense 4.1 HTC SDK API Level 4.24 HTC Extension version: HTCExtension_403_1_GA_22 PRI Version 2.20_003 PRL Version 24017.

By doing a stock recovery, would my phone be essentially erased or is there a way to download a fix without erasing anything? I'm not sure if it is S-off or on. How do I check? Thanks.
7th February 2014, 02:47 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 2,113

3,875 posts
Donate to Me
More
Reboot to the bootloader & list your Hboot & radio version. You'll also see whether you're S-on or S-off. Are you wanting to get back to stock or just install another ROM?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE
7th February 2014, 03:37 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
it is PVT ship s-on rl
hboot 1.12.0000 radio 1.02.12.0427
I want to keep the current software I have I just want to update it. thanks
7th February 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 2,113

3,875 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilscalk

it is PVT ship s-on rl
hboot 1.12.0000 radio 1.02.12.0427
I want to keep the current software I have I just want to update it. thanks

The software (ROM) that's currently installed isn't all that old, however, the same can't be said for your firmware (radio) version. I suggest getting S-off, updating your firmware and flashing whatever ROM you'd like. Hit the top link in my sig for more info.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread