XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't udpate Stock w Goodies to 3.16.651.3

Tip us?

nilscalk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Can't udpate Stock w Goodies to 3.16.651.3

I bought an HTC Evo 4g lte on Amazon about a year ago that had Stock w Goodies on it. Since I've had it, I can't update it. It goes to a recovery screen that says it can't be updated because :
E:unkown volume for path [INTERNAL SDCARDownload/OTA_JEWEL_CL_JB_45_S_Sprint_WWE_3.16.651.3-2.13.651_release_306944k99qrh1rkg746oec.zip]
E:Can't mount INTERNAL SDCARDownload/OTA_JEWEL_CL_JB_45_S_Sprint_WWE_3.16.651.3-2.13.651_release_306944k99qrh1rkg746oec.zip]
Installation Aborted.

Can anyone help me understand what this means and how I can go about fixing this, if possible? I'm not too literate when it comes phone programming. Thank you.

jocarog
Old
Thanks Meter 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilscalk View Post
I bought an HTC Evo 4g lte on Amazon about a year ago that had Stock w Goodies on it. Since I've had it, I can't update it. It goes to a recovery screen that says it can't be updated because :
E:unkown volume for path [INTERNAL SDCARDownload/OTA_JEWEL_CL_JB_45_S_Sprint_WWE_3.16.651.3-2.13.651_release_306944k99qrh1rkg746oec.zip]
E:Can't mount INTERNAL SDCARDownload/OTA_JEWEL_CL_JB_45_S_Sprint_WWE_3.16.651.3-2.13.651_release_306944k99qrh1rkg746oec.zip]
Installation Aborted.

Can anyone help me understand what this means and how I can go about fixing this, if possible? I'm not too literate when it comes phone programming. Thank you.
You have a rooted phone and possibly a custom recovery, the file that you are trying to install is an over the air update (ota) so it won't work because it needs a stock recovery, if you wanna start from scratch go here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1704612

[FIRMWARE][S-OFF] Jewel Firmware Collection - Latest: 3.17.651.4 OTA

And get all the updates from there, a little bit of more info is needed, what's your current firmware version and hboot, are you s-on or s-off... S-off will save you lots of headaches if you want to upgrade to the latest version...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II (SPH-L900)
Kernel: Stock 4.3
Rom: Stock 4.3 Digiblur Rom 'Unknoxed'
NOOB
Previous phones:
HTC EVO 4G LTE (Retired) HBOOT: 2.09 S-OFF (DirtyRacun-RabiesShot-BabyRacun); T-Mo Mytouch 4g (Glacier) rooted, s-off, sim unlocked, iPhone 1 (aka 2g), 3g, 3GS, 4, jailbroken & unlocked (sold them all to get my Evo!)

nilscalk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocarog View Post
You have a rooted phone and possibly a custom recovery, the file that you are trying to install is an over the air update (ota) so it won't work because it needs a stock recovery, if you wanna start from scratch go here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1704612

[FIRMWARE][S-OFF] Jewel Firmware Collection - Latest: 3.17.651.4 OTA

And get all the updates from there, a little bit of more info is needed, what's your current firmware version and hboot, are you s-on or s-off... S-off will save you lots of headaches if you want to upgrade to the latest version...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
From what I can see is: Hardware version 0003. Software Version Stock w Goodies 2.28. Andriod 4.0.4 HTC Sense 4.1 HTC SDK API Level 4.24 HTC Extension version: HTCExtension_403_1_GA_22 PRI Version 2.20_003 PRL Version 24017.

By doing a stock recovery, would my phone be essentially erased or is there a way to download a fix without erasing anything? I'm not sure if it is S-off or on. How do I check? Thanks.

FinZ28
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1617

DONATE TO ME
Reboot to the bootloader & list your Hboot & radio version. You'll also see whether you're S-on or S-off. Are you wanting to get back to stock or just install another ROM?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

nilscalk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
it is PVT ship s-on rl
hboot 1.12.0000 radio 1.02.12.0427
I want to keep the current software I have I just want to update it. thanks

FinZ28
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1617

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilscalk View Post
it is PVT ship s-on rl
hboot 1.12.0000 radio 1.02.12.0427
I want to keep the current software I have I just want to update it. thanks
The software (ROM) that's currently installed isn't all that old, however, the same can't be said for your firmware (radio) version. I suggest getting S-off, updating your firmware and flashing whatever ROM you'd like. Hit the top link in my sig for more info.