Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more
Post Reply

[Q] Can't udpate Stock w Goodies to 3.16.651.3

OP nilscalk

6th February 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
I bought an HTC Evo 4g lte on Amazon about a year ago that had Stock w Goodies on it. Since I've had it, I can't update it. It goes to a recovery screen that says it can't be updated because :
E:unkown volume for path [INTERNAL SDCARDownload/OTA_JEWEL_CL_JB_45_S_Sprint_WWE_3.16.651.3-2.13.651_release_306944k99qrh1rkg746oec.zip]
E:Can't mount INTERNAL SDCARDownload/OTA_JEWEL_CL_JB_45_S_Sprint_WWE_3.16.651.3-2.13.651_release_306944k99qrh1rkg746oec.zip]
Installation Aborted.

Can anyone help me understand what this means and how I can go about fixing this, if possible? I'm not too literate when it comes phone programming. Thank you.
7th February 2014, 12:38 AM   |  #2  
jocarog's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 295
 
763 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilscalk

I bought an HTC Evo 4g lte on Amazon about a year ago that had Stock w Goodies on it. Since I've had it, I can't update it. It goes to a recovery screen that says it can't be updated because :
E:unkown volume for path [INTERNAL SDCARDownload/OTA_JEWEL_CL_JB_45_S_Sprint_WWE_3.16.651.3-2.13.651_release_306944k99qrh1rkg746oec.zip]
E:Can't mount INTERNAL SDCARDownload/OTA_JEWEL_CL_JB_45_S_Sprint_WWE_3.16.651.3-2.13.651_release_306944k99qrh1rkg746oec.zip]
Installation Aborted.

Can anyone help me understand what this means and how I can go about fixing this, if possible? I'm not too literate when it comes phone programming. Thank you.

You have a rooted phone and possibly a custom recovery, the file that you are trying to install is an over the air update (ota) so it won't work because it needs a stock recovery, if you wanna start from scratch go here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1704612

[FIRMWARE][S-OFF] Jewel Firmware Collection - Latest: 3.17.651.4 OTA

And get all the updates from there, a little bit of more info is needed, what's your current firmware version and hboot, are you s-on or s-off... S-off will save you lots of headaches if you want to upgrade to the latest version...


Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
7th February 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocarog

You have a rooted phone and possibly a custom recovery, the file that you are trying to install is an over the air update (ota) so it won't work because it needs a stock recovery, if you wanna start from scratch go here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1704612

[FIRMWARE][S-OFF] Jewel Firmware Collection - Latest: 3.17.651.4 OTA

And get all the updates from there, a little bit of more info is needed, what's your current firmware version and hboot, are you s-on or s-off... S-off will save you lots of headaches if you want to upgrade to the latest version...


Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

From what I can see is: Hardware version 0003. Software Version Stock w Goodies 2.28. Andriod 4.0.4 HTC Sense 4.1 HTC SDK API Level 4.24 HTC Extension version: HTCExtension_403_1_GA_22 PRI Version 2.20_003 PRL Version 24017.

By doing a stock recovery, would my phone be essentially erased or is there a way to download a fix without erasing anything? I'm not sure if it is S-off or on. How do I check? Thanks.
7th February 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #4  
Magnum_Enforcer's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 2,012
 
3,743 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Donate to Me
More
Reboot to the bootloader & list your Hboot & radio version. You'll also see whether you're S-on or S-off. Are you wanting to get back to stock or just install another ROM?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE
7th February 2014, 02:37 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
it is PVT ship s-on rl
hboot 1.12.0000 radio 1.02.12.0427
I want to keep the current software I have I just want to update it. thanks
7th February 2014, 03:19 AM   |  #6  
Magnum_Enforcer's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 2,012
 
3,743 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilscalk

it is PVT ship s-on rl
hboot 1.12.0000 radio 1.02.12.0427
I want to keep the current software I have I just want to update it. thanks

The software (ROM) that's currently installed isn't all that old, however, the same can't be said for your firmware (radio) version. I suggest getting S-off, updating your firmware and flashing whatever ROM you'd like. Hit the top link in my sig for more info.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes