Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,313 Members 49,721 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how to restore warranty to this handset please

Tip us?

ceftriaxone
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Where do u live?
Your knox counter is 0x1.
This mean that you can say goodbye to your warranty, or not. Depending on country where you live.
Galaxy note 3 (Snapdragon)
Galaxy note 2 - given to my brother
Galaxy note - sold
Galaxy s2 - given to my sister
HTC Desire (amoled) - sold

Asus transformer TF300TG - family tablet

sinful-slave
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceftriaxone View Post
Where do u live?
Your knox counter is 0x1.
This mean that you can say goodbye to your warranty, or not. Depending on country where you live.
i live in egypt

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 577
Most likely the warranty is gone, Knox warranty void 0x1 means you have installed unapproved software on your device. Samsung will use this to deny warranty claims...
There is no way, currently , of resetting this. The bounty, last time I checked, was over $3000 US...
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...

sinful-slave
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69 View Post
Most likely the warranty is gone, Knox warranty void 0x1 means you have installed unapproved software on your device. Samsung will use this to deny warranty claims...
There is no way, currently , of resetting this. The bounty, last time I checked, was over $3000 US...
i can't understand
you mean there is no way to reset binary for now ???!!!even if i reset cleared cash flashed original stock rom again !
if true i have a question flashing the official 4.4.2 firmware is the cause of the knox or the root ??
when i tried to use triangle it said 2 times
and what u mean with bounty 3000 ?

Rosli59564
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinful-slave View Post
i can't understand
you mean there is no way to reset binary for now ???!!!even if i reset cleared cash flashed original stock rom again !
if true i have a question flashing the official 4.4.2 firmware is the cause of the knox or the root ??
when i tried to use triangle it said 2 times
and what u mean with bounty 3000 ?
Knox 0x1 was triggered when you root it. Currently there is no way to reset to 0x0 so here in xda whoever manage to reset it will be rewarded 3000usd

sinful-slave
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosli59564 View Post
Knox 0x1 was triggered when you root it. Currently there is no way to reset to 0x0 so here in xda whoever manage to reset it will be rewarded 3000usd
samsung knows that most ppl do root and flash roms it want to use it as a way to escape responsibility
like the octa core s4 and note 3 and in fact only 4 works
cheaters ! it seems like it done with samsung.

Rosli59564
Old
(Last edited by Rosli59564; 6th February 2014 at 12:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinful-slave View Post
samsung knows that most ppl do root and flash roms it want to use it as a way to escape responsibility
like the octa core s4 and note 3 and in fact only 4 works
cheaters ! it seems like it done with samsung.
Something like that. Why do you need to return it anyway?

Mirage20uk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm from Egypt and I called the service center to confirm. (Does the warranty voided if I rooted my note 3. The answer was yes)

Sorry for the bad news, also I wang to know, you mentioned that the stock rom for Egypt is available in sammobile and u can fladh it. But its not true as the available version for Egypt is yhe Jelly Be 4.3 and yoy can't downgrade from Kitkat 4.4.2 to Jelly Bean 4.3.

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
SM-N900 Black
Kitkat Official THL ROM
Knox: 0x0
Not Rooted

sinful-slave
Old
(Last edited by sinful-slave; 7th February 2014 at 03:17 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage20uk View Post
I'm from Egypt and I called the service center to confirm. (Does the warranty voided if I rooted my note 3. The answer was yes)

Sorry for the bad news, also I wang to know, you mentioned that the stock rom for Egypt is available in sammobile and u can fladh it. But its not true as the available version for Egypt is yhe Jelly Be 4.3 and yoy can't downgrade from Kitkat 4.4.2 to Jelly Bean 4.3.

u mean i can't for now flash the 4.3 via odin,and i have to wait till 4.4.2 ?
oki what would happen if i flashed the 4.3 over the 4.4.2 and what is your warranty agent ? mine's union group and i think they don't care about that am just bothered coz i wanted to trade with a 4g version and even if u had serious problem in your mobile here in egypt they might not fix it they will easily say bad use etc like they did in s3 death of motherboard and anyway it depends on the agent

Mirage20uk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My warranty agent is MTI.
For the other inquiry, yes you can't flash the 4.3 via odin as once you upgraded to Kitkat 4.4.2 you can't go back words as the boatloader has been upgraded as well.
The warranty is useful as you might have a hardware failure and if u did some noise they will fix it for you.

SM-N900 Black
Kitkat Official THL ROM
Knox: 0x0
Not Rooted