[Q] Rooting+Rom a not so common tablet.

OP Temtee22

7th February 2014, 01:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I picked up a Ematic EGM003 tablet for someone and I really with I wouldnt of. Its a bit sluggish and unresponsive at times. Here is the link to the one Im talking about.

amazon.com /Ematic-Android-Capacitive-Multi-Touch-Tablet/dp/B00GQI7IP0
I told him I would see what I could do about making it run a bit better. Im not the best at rooting but I did manage to root and install a rom on my old Samsung Captivate. I did search around using the EGM003 terms but I didnt see anything (maybe looking for the wrong thing?)

So is there anyway I can get this Ematic table rooted and have a lightweight rom installed to make it run a bit better. Maybe a generic rom or something that ran on a similar Ematic tablet?
7th February 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temtee22

I picked up a Ematic EGM003 tablet for someone and I really with I wouldnt of. Its a bit sluggish and unresponsive at times. Here is the link to the one Im talking about.

amazon.com /Ematic-Android-Capacitive-Multi-Touch-Tablet/dp/B00GQI7IP0
I told him I would see what I could do about making it run a bit better. Im not the best at rooting but I did manage to root and install a rom on my old Samsung Captivate. I did search around using the EGM003 terms but I didnt see anything (maybe looking for the wrong thing?)

So is there anyway I can get this Ematic table rooted and have a lightweight rom installed to make it run a bit better. Maybe a generic rom or something that ran on a similar Ematic tablet?

You most likely won't be able to get a ROM on it, probably only root. If you tried flashing a different tablets ROM it would brick your tablet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread