Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,375 Members 45,123 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooted Phone Only Boots Into Android Recovery

Tip us?

grantekert
Old
(Last edited by grantekert; 6th February 2014 at 04:15 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rooted Phone Only Boots Into Android Recovery

I decided to root my phone last night. I followed a guide that was on XDA. I flashed the CWM thing, and then tried to boot into CMRecovery, but it went into Android Recovery. I tried this multiple times with no success. After that, I re-flashed what I was supposed to, and I booted into it in order to install SU.

The root seemed successful, and I ran various apps that said my phone was rooted. I don't know a whole lot about things, but I wanted to flash a custom kernel in order to install a custom boot animation. In order to do that, I wanted to make a backup so I tried to boot into CMRecovery but it only went into the Android Recovery Mode. It continues to do so. Any and all help would be appreciated!
I was going to install CM Recovery with the ROM Manager but it said the ICH 500 is not available.

If I have to re-flash something on my phone, I'd appreciate some specifics as there are a lot of variations for files.

dee3
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantekert View Post
I decided to root my phone last night. I followed a guide that was on XDA. I flashed the CWM thing, and then tried to boot into CMRecovery, but it went into Android Recovery. I tried this multiple times with no success. After that, I re-flashed what I was supposed to, and I booted into it in order to install SU.

The root seemed successful, and I ran various apps that said my phone was rooted. I don't know a whole lot about things, but I wanted to flash a custom kernel in order to install a custom boot animation. In order to do that, I wanted to make a backup so I tried to boot into CMRecovery but it only went into the Android Recovery Mode. It continues to do so. Any and all help would be appreciated!
I was going to install CM Recovery with the ROM Manager but it said the ICH 500 is not available.

If I have to re-flash something on my phone, I'd appreciate some specifics as there are a lot of variations for files.
What ROM are you on? What kernel did you try to flash? I am new to the tech side of things here but I have flashed my phone and rooted 6 different fascinates over time.. This week I've flashed into three different ROMs and if you want to run a custom boot animation I may be able to help as I changed mine on the jellybeer ROM a few different times ..

grantekert
Old
(Last edited by grantekert; 6th February 2014 at 10:59 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee3 View Post
What ROM are you on? What kernel did you try to flash? I am new to the tech side of things here but I have flashed my phone and rooted 6 different fascinates over time.. This week I've flashed into three different ROMs and if you want to run a custom boot animation I may be able to help as I changed mine on the jellybeer ROM a few different times ..
I downloaded the following files:

I don't know what ROM I'm on, and what kernel I flashed. I only followed the instructions here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1238070. (Rooting stock Froyo/Gingerbread)

dee3
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Ok I followed a diferent method but its pretty much the same in a way... You will want Odin on your computer And you need the Samsung driver as well as atlas.zip And stock eh03 downloaded on your computer. I will message you the link I used to see if it helps.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

I followed section 4 and that rooted to where I flash diferent roms regularly from recovery now. The link is in a message I sent you. Good luck And ill help anyway I can as I asked for help here but never got any I had to figure it out on my own.. Doug

grantekert
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee3 View Post
Ok I followed a diferent method but its pretty much the same in a way... You will want Odin on your computer And you need the Samsung driver as well as atlas.zip And stock eh03 downloaded on your computer. I will message you the link I used to see if it helps.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

I followed section 4 and that rooted to where I flash diferent roms regularly from recovery now. The link is in a message I sent you. Good luck And ill help anyway I can as I asked for help here but never got any I had to figure it out on my own.. Doug
Thanks for replying, I got your private message. I don't believe I used an atlas.zip when I did it. Regarding the link you sent, could you specifically explain how step 4 is different then flashing regularly? Also I believe I have (or had) Gingerbread, not the other one.

dee3
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I can't actually explain it other than that is what I've used on all the fascinates I've rooted. I flash them all back to stock eh03 , Odin them in download mode via USB with the atlas.zip and the stock eh03, flash CWM clockworkmod recovery after and than I download what ROM I want onto SD card. Than I flash it via CWM recovery with appropriate Gapps. Like I said I am dumb to the tech side and when I asked devs for help here I never got any usually. I have multiple fascinates on different ROMs and a lot of it I just googled my questions for answers . hope someone else can explain what I'm having a hard time explaining.. I am on the last KK build though on this device. Had the last Dirty uni ROM before this and it was unstable compared to the KK ROM.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

And the boot animation thread should be able to tell you how to go into your files and rename and replace your bootanimation file .. Its been about a month since I changed an animation to a red helix animation on one of my other fascinates

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app