Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,174 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 front camera problem ( desperate for help)

Tip us?

Shaker.Shamayleh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Nexus 5 front camera problem ( desperate for help)

I just have a problem that has been bugging me for a while with my Nexus 5 (4.4.2)(not rooted) and i cant seem to find a fix for it. i've been all over the forums about it yet the only case i found similar to mine the guy went and exchanged his nexus for a new one from LG.

so heres the issue, my front camera just does not exist anymore, it was working fine the first couple of weeks then one day i just realized i don't have the front camera option anymore on the camera app. that option is no longer there instead of 5 options there are only 4 options being listed (HDR+ / +- (Exposure) / settings / flash ) it used to be after flash. the flip option was there and now flip option is no longer there. i cleared the cache and did every possible thing mentioned online and it still didn't work. i downloaded focal and it couldn't connect to the front camera. even instagram/snapchat does not have the flip option anymore. is there any solution or fix for this?

i still haven't performed a factory reset i'm leaving it as a last resort.

things i've tried:
- restarting in safe mode (still no front camera option).
- uninstalling apps that might have access to front camera.
- clearing caches.
-installing other camera apps like focal. (which has the option but its unable to connect.)

i hope i made my problem clear enough and i thank you for giving your time to help me on this.

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2612
The only time I've seen this before is when it happened to me on a phone about two years ago, it was hardware and after replacing the camera it worked perfect. Not saying this is your issue but it sounds super familiar. Try a factory reset, if it doesn't work RMA it with Google
Best of luck!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ryanrioz
Old
Thanks Meter 38
one short words for OP,

Drop To RMA as well

Send My Signature phone to XDA with my Bad grammars..
Daily Phone:Nexus 4/Kernel:Semaphore 2.3.3/ ROM:Stock
Flashtoys: Nexus 5 Black hammerhead gone at temporaily, white Hammerhead comming soon
Sub-Zero:Huawei Ideatab X1 4G
Wishlist:Asus nexus 7 2013 4G :3
Remember, please hit the button..., if my post had helped you