5,596,784 Members 48,027 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please please help- Soft bricked and nothing works!

Tip us?

Note_2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Unhappy Please please help- Soft bricked and nothing works!

Earlier today I tried to update TWRP with this app I was recommended called flashify. I flashed the new TWRP recovery img then rebooted, but it would not get past the screen "Samsung Galaxy Note 2" for 10+ minutes. This is a soft brick, right? I could boot into download mode, but not recovery.

I get home and download the samsung drivers,Odin 3.09 and a few different stock recovery images (..UCMK7, the latest). Get the phone into download mode, plug it in and it shows up blue in Odin- all's good. Choose "AP" then my stock file and it checks the md5.. all's good. Hit start and eventually it fails here:

"<ID:0/010> File analysis..
<ID:0/010> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/010> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)"

I've tried 2 USB cables, running Odin as admin, 3 different images, and a whole load of any thing for 6 hours and I'm still getting the same error. I started at 2:50 PM and it's now 9. I need to go to sleep soon and need my phone so please help! Thank you.

ciphercodes
Old
Thanks Meter 170
What "AP" option did you select.

Once odin detects your device you are supposed to click PDA and then select the tar.md5 file.

Note_2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciphercodes View Post
What "AP" option did you select.

Once odin detects your device you are supposed to click PDA and then select the tar.md5 file.
I'm on 3.09 and noticed that all the titles did change for some reason, I googled it and PDA was changed to "AP". http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2189539 search the thread or google "odin what is ap".

ciphercodes
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Note_2 View Post
I'm on 3.09 and noticed that all the titles did change for some reason, I googled it and PDA was changed to "AP". http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2189539 search the thread or google "odin what is ap".
I see, I did not use the latest odin yet. Did you try the emergency KIES recovery ?
If possible try an older version of ODIN but It looks like the partition tables are messed up.
Try KIES first and see if it works.

Note_2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciphercodes View Post
I see, I did not use the latest odin yet. Did you try the emergency KIES recovery ?
If possible try an older version of ODIN but It looks like the partition tables are messed up.
Try KIES first and see if it works.
Hey, IM BACK UP AND WORKING!! I did try kies for 2 hours but the crap wouldn't connect. I said screw it and tried one last time with an old version of odin (1.85) and it worked fine. Currently rooting and gonna try to put a ROM on tomorrow. Thanks for trying to help.

ciphercodes
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Note_2 View Post
Hey, IM BACK UP AND WORKING!! I did try kies for 2 hours but the crap wouldn't connect. I said screw it and tried one last time with an old version of odin (1.85) and it worked fine. Currently rooting and gonna try to put a ROM on tomorrow. Thanks for trying to help.
Glad to know it was fixed !