Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Connect ALL THE THINGS with Xender

Smartphones, with all of their all connectivity options courtesy of OEMs, can easily connect themselves … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Please please help- Soft bricked and nothing works!

OP Note_2

7th February 2014, 03:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40

265 posts
Earlier today I tried to update TWRP with this app I was recommended called flashify. I flashed the new TWRP recovery img then rebooted, but it would not get past the screen "Samsung Galaxy Note 2" for 10+ minutes. This is a soft brick, right? I could boot into download mode, but not recovery.

I get home and download the samsung drivers,Odin 3.09 and a few different stock recovery images (..UCMK7, the latest). Get the phone into download mode, plug it in and it shows up blue in Odin- all's good. Choose "AP" then my stock file and it checks the md5.. all's good. Hit start and eventually it fails here:

"<ID:0/010> File analysis..
<ID:0/010> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/010> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)"

I've tried 2 USB cables, running Odin as admin, 3 different images, and a whole load of any thing for 6 hours and I'm still getting the same error. I started at 2:50 PM and it's now 9. I need to go to sleep soon and need my phone so please help! Thank you.
7th February 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 235

476 posts
More
What "AP" option did you select.

Once odin detects your device you are supposed to click PDA and then select the tar.md5 file.
7th February 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

265 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciphercodes

What "AP" option did you select.

Once odin detects your device you are supposed to click PDA and then select the tar.md5 file.

I'm on 3.09 and noticed that all the titles did change for some reason, I googled it and PDA was changed to "AP". http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2189539 search the thread or google "odin what is ap".
7th February 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #4  

476 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Note_2

I'm on 3.09 and noticed that all the titles did change for some reason, I googled it and PDA was changed to "AP". http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2189539 search the thread or google "odin what is ap".

I see, I did not use the latest odin yet. Did you try the emergency KIES recovery ?
If possible try an older version of ODIN but It looks like the partition tables are messed up.
Try KIES first and see if it works.
7th February 2014, 05:46 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

265 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciphercodes

I see, I did not use the latest odin yet. Did you try the emergency KIES recovery ?
If possible try an older version of ODIN but It looks like the partition tables are messed up.
Try KIES first and see if it works.

Hey, IM BACK UP AND WORKING!! I did try kies for 2 hours but the crap wouldn't connect. I said screw it and tried one last time with an old version of odin (1.85) and it worked fine. Currently rooting and gonna try to put a ROM on tomorrow. Thanks for trying to help.
7th February 2014, 05:58 AM   |  #6  

476 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Note_2

Hey, IM BACK UP AND WORKING!! I did try kies for 2 hours but the crap wouldn't connect. I said screw it and tried one last time with an old version of odin (1.85) and it worked fine. Currently rooting and gonna try to put a ROM on tomorrow. Thanks for trying to help.

Glad to know it was fixed !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread