[Q] SCH-I535 Stuck in Recovery Loop

OP WYO1016

7th February 2014, 01:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Wyoming
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Hi guys. I have a Verizon S3 that is out of warranty that I've decided to mess around with since I've already upgraded to a G2. I tried to flash ClockworkMod Recovery using heimdall, but couldn't get it to work. Since I couldn't get heimdall to work, I rooted and installed ROM Manager, then installed ClockworkMod Recovery from there. When I rebooted to get into recovery it says "Verizon has encountered unauthorized software" and wouldn't let me in. I booted normally, then tried to go into recovery from ROM Manager. I get the same message, but now I'm stuck in a recovery loop. I've tried flashing back through heimdall and Odin, but neither one is working for me.

I can get into download just fine, but everything I try to flash with Odin gets me a big FAIL message. Any suggestions? The phone was upgraded to 4.3 before I got a hold of it, which is probably my main issue.
7th February 2014, 01:24 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 16

45 posts
Try flashing ORIGINAL STOCK. You have a locked bootloader and will not be able to install a custom recovery or any custom rom. But, once you're up and running you can root it.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk
7th February 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Wyoming

3 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kurisu

Try flashing ORIGINAL STOCK. You have a locked bootloader and will not be able to install a custom recovery or any custom rom. But, once you're up and running you can root it.

Do you have a link to the original stock files for 4.3? I've looked, but can't find any.
7th February 2014, 01:38 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 16

45 posts
Try this. It worked for me.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2601544

The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Kurisu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2014, 05:08 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Wyoming

3 posts
More
Thumbs up
Worked like a charm. Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Verizon Galaxy S III Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank