Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,312 Members 39,070 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I've been searching for almost a day, still can't figure it out - No sound/Wifi

Tip us?

kdip
Old
(Last edited by kdip; 28th January 2014 at 07:43 AM.) Reason: Update
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] I've been searching for almost a day, still can't figure it out - No sound/Wifi

Hello everyone,

So I wanted to go back to stock 4.2.2 from CM11 which went fine, then I updated to 4.3 because I wanted to use a new ROM. Well I messed during the flash and when it booted back into 4.3 I had No wifi, no sound, no calling and if I tried playing a song it would say it wasn't supported.

Then I wiped data/cache and flashed 4.2.2 again, same problem No wifi, no sound, etc. Thought I would try CM11 again, Wifi works but no sound. Flashed 4.2.2 again and now I am here.

I have searched the forums and people have been talking about modems/radios and that could be the problem. But I have no idea where to start because I haven't found much for the SGH-i337M. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

-Update-

Build number is MDJ and Baseband is MK6. Are they supposed to be the same?

Misterjunky
Old
(Last edited by Misterjunky; 28th January 2014 at 12:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2,387

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: audio.wifi/signal issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdip View Post
Hello everyone,

So I wanted to go back to stock 4.2.2 from CM11 which went fine, then I updated to 4.3 because I wanted to use a new ROM. Well I messed during the flash and when it booted back into 4.3 I had No wifi, no sound, no calling and if I tried playing a song it would say it wasn't supported.

Then I wiped data/cache and flashed 4.2.2 again, same problem No wifi, no sound, etc. Thought I would try CM11 again, Wifi works but no sound. Flashed 4.2.2 again and now I am here.

I have searched the forums and people have been talking about modems/radios and that could be the problem. But I have no idea where to start because I haven't found much for the SGH-i337M. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

-Update-

Build number is MDJ and Baseband is MK6. Are they supposed to be the same?
The rom you have has the 4.3 which cannot be downgraded to an older rom (MDJ).

What you need to do is to get a hold of the specific 4.3 MK6 odin flash firmware for
your phone model number which is available at http://SamMobile.com .

Then go into recovery and wipe data, cache, dalvik cache, system and last but not
least perform a "factory reset" in recovery before Odin flashing the official 4.3
MK6 stock jellybean firmware.

After that, the phone will work fine, but it will not be rooted and it will not have a
custom recovery like twrp or cwm so you will need to start all over again rooting
and flashing cwm or twrp custom recovery if you want to flash 4.3 custom roms.
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Misterjunky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kdip
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It worked, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Didn't know once you went 4.3 you couldn't go back. XD

Mikelotus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Wow, SO MANY thanks to you Misterjunky

Misterjunky,

I *just* created this account solely for the purpose of saying THANK YOU SO MUCH a million times over, after formatting 'data' 'cache' 'system' and performing a wipe of data/factory reset in ClockworkMOD recovery I was finally able to fix this exact same issue with my Telus branded SGH-I337M, It had me stumped for well over the last 48hrs. To anyone out there reading this who is having the same problem and would like step by step screenshot instructions and/or a dropbox link to the official 'TLS I337MVLUEMK6' [Telus 4.3 Jellybean Stock Firmware] please contact me at:

edit: As a new user it will not let me link to my email account, please use this site to message me. Sorry.

I will check this account daily at midnight EST and reply to all serious inquiries as a token of paying it fwd and saying thank you.

Misterjunky - you sir, are the friggen MAN.