Moto G wall charger

Search This thread

akil3x

Jul 27, 2008
So, I plug'n the device with that charger, and starts charging, then after 20m i hear something in the charger, then i go se the screen , and i see this beaver , charging not charging ,charging not charging..... stay a little crazy :-/

Maybe the usb cable from MOTO is not compatible with the charger???

superkid.net

Apr 7, 2011
So, I plug'n the device with that charger, and starts charging, then after 20m i hear something in the charger, then i go se the screen , and i see this beaver , charging not charging ,charging not charging..... stay a little crazy :-/

Maybe the usb cable from MOTO is not compatible with the charger???

Yes, I confirm similar behavior with one x charger. And other phones charge fine with it.

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app

2hipso

Jan 4, 2014
Slovakia, Žilina
Right. Every charger contains three key things: transformer (converting high voltage to 3-12V /it depends on charger/), rectifier (converting AC to DC), filter (stabilize power waves length) and regulator (regulator again stabilize previously stabilized signal and serve the right amount and the right wave length signal to phone). And every brand of mobile chargers use different regulators. So this is the cause of why this charger not working well on Moto G.

Dain B

Jan 4, 2013
I've got Plantronics branded 600mA charger which does not charge Moto G, it turns phone on if plugged into powered off phone but then phone does not want to charge at all. Nexus 4 and plenty of others work just fine with same charger.

2hipso

Jan 4, 2014
Slovakia, Žilina
guys, don't use chargers that are not charging the Moto G. It can do awful things. Try it only once, if it don't work, try another charger, don't try to fix it.

sciurius

Nov 13, 2011
johan.vromans.org
guys, don't use chargers that are not charging the Moto G. It can do awful things. Try it only once, if it don't work, try another charger, don't try to fix it.

I have a couple of chargers that I use for Raspberry PIs. Wart with fixed cable and micro-USB plug. They work fine with the Raspberries and many other appliances, but they do nothing with the Moto G. Not even switch it on when I plug it in.

Fortunately I have other chargers, but for the sake of curiosity: what causes a charger to work fine with many appliances but to do absolutely nothing with the Moto G?

008Rohit

Dec 30, 2010
Kolkata
techtage.com
I'm using my old Motorola Fire XT 650 mAh charger and it charges slowly and has a loose-connection problem. I was planning buy a new 1A+ charger. Any recommendations?

urra901109

Sep 5, 2011
Malaysian moto g includes a wall charger 0.5A, way too slow for my liking. 2amps charger from galaxy tab on the other hand is making the back of the phone a little bit warmer. So i would recommend something in between 700mA to anything below 2amps.

mrcorey

Mar 12, 2012
I picked up a blackberry charger at a thrift store for $0.50 CAD that works fine. 700mA

Sent from my Moto G

asdfzz

Mar 10, 2012
With some charger screen doesnt work for me..
Now im using a
5V , 1A , 500W (max)
And no problem also fast charge.

nevertheless

Jul 21, 2012
there is a great 1.8a blackberry charger with long USB cable that seems to charge phones and tablets really fast. it's about $6.50 on AMZ.

kryptonite01

Dec 30, 2012
Mumbai, India
Anything above 1.5 mAh isn't a problem as the Moto G auto adjusts the input and fixes it at 1.5 mAh.

008Rohit I am using Indian version of moto g (xt1033). I m using samsung 2 amp charger Samsung Charger ETA-U90IWEGINU which is available at flipkart. Is it good to use 2 amp charger for our moto g. Does it effects battery life. When I use this charger It charges the moto g in 1 hour from 0% to 100%. But back of the moto g gets too hot.

yarislavsky

Apr 5, 2014
Good day!
I have bought Moto G recently. I cannot buy an original charger for Moto here in Kyrgyzstan. So can it be charged with charger from Sony Z Ultra (output:5v and 1500 mAh).
Thanks in advance

ZareliMan

Sep 2, 2013
Mine came with a 500mah one, now I'm testing a ZTE 700mah without issues so far, haven't noticed any difference tho.

BTW the phone will charge faster with more power up to 1500mah ?

charancherry

Jun 28, 2012
Visakhapatnam
Well how about Voltages ?!

So all are talking about current. how about voltage? i made my home made power bank with laptop battery and 7805 transistor i'm getting output of 5.22 volts when bank fully charged ! is this okay? or i have to limit it to 5v?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As you said, any charger where the output is not too high (I recommend below 2a or below 2,5 to not stress the battery.

Conclusion: your samsung charger should work perfectly!

Edit: if you experience bad/not so good battery life (I did after update to kitkat), let your phone drain completely (shuts down) and recharge it to 100% and leave plugged in like 30-1h after it reached 100%.
    But don't do this too often as it will harm your battery over time.

Using a charger over 2A doesn't stress the battery because the Moto G limits the current to 1.5A.

It says so right here : https://motorola-global-portal.cus...prod_answer_detail/a_id/97318/p/30,6720,9050

”Any Motorola charger with the correct micro-USB tip will charge your Moto*G. You will see the best results when the output of the charger is between 500 mA and 1.5 A. The higher the output, the faster your Moto G*will charge.
    If your charger output is higher, the MOTO G will automatically restrict the charging rate. If your charger is lower, it will simply take longer to reach a full charge.”

I use my nexus 7 2A charger daily and it charges noticeably faster than my 1A HTC charger and is as Motorola stated, perfectly safe.

A 0.7A charger would charge pretty slow!

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk
    charger doesn't push power, phone draws power, as long as you have the right voltage you are good
    I'm curious, is your 2A charger for a 2012 Nexus 7? Because I also plan to use my 2012 Nexus 7 charger on my Moto G, which is coming next week. How quickly does it charge the Moto G?

Yeah my nexus 7 is a 2012 model also, works just fine and charges really fast. I'll stopwatch my next recharge and report.

Edit: It charges from 10% to 100% in 2 hours with my nexus 7 2012 2A charger while incidentally using it.

Next charge I'll try my HTC 1A charger to monitor the difference

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk
    2 hours 10 minutes from 0% to 100% with 1A charger
    Good day!
    I have bought Moto G recently. I cannot buy an original charger for Moto here in Kyrgyzstan. So can it be charged with charger from Sony Z Ultra (output:5v and 1500 mAh).
    Thanks in advance

Yes it can..
    I use 2A charger to my moto g

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk