Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Unable to install apps

OP Cyclops1055

6th February 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mississauga
Thanks Meter: 38
 
224 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
I have been using an HTC One (KitKat 4.4.2) for a few days now and discovered that I am unable to install apps that aren't from the app store.

Example: I download an .apk from the internet to my SD card and when I try to install it, the install button doesn't work, only the cancel button works. I then reboot my phone and once it's back up I am able to install the .apk. I would need to reboot again if I wanted to install another .apk file.

I have search and found some solutions but none of them have worked.

How can I fix this issue.
6th February 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
225 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops1055

I have been using an HTC One (KitKat 4.4.2) for a few days now and discovered that I am unable to install apps that aren't from the app store.

Example: I download an .apk from the internet to my SD card and when I try to install it, the install button doesn't work, only the cancel button works. I then reboot my phone and once it's back up I am able to install the .apk. I would need to reboot again if I wanted to install another .apk file.

I have search and found some solutions but none of them have worked.

How can I fix this issue.

Have you got an unlocked bootloader and rooted already? If so, then you can get into the file Explorer with root option to delete the apk files directly from the folder..

Hit thanks if this has helped you :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
6th February 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mississauga
Thanks Meter: 38
 
224 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haran_rulez

Have you got an unlocked bootloader and rooted already? If so, then you can get into the file Explorer with root option to delete the apk files directly from the folder..

Hit thanks if this has helped you :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

I think you miss understood my issue, I do have an unlocked bootloader and my phone is rooted, my issue is installing apps not deleting them.
6th February 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
225 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops1055

I think you miss understood my issue, I do have an unlocked bootloader and my phone is rooted, my issue is installing apps not deleting them.

My bad... Was falling asleep..

Btw, could be a stupid question.. Did you check the option "Allow installation of apps from Unknown sources" in the setting option?

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by haran_rulez

My bad... Was falling asleep..

Btw, could be a stupid question.. Did you check the option "Allow installation of apps from Unknown sources" in the setting option?

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

I had a similar issue but I had to completely wipe the device and flashed the custom rom later it worked..

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
6th February 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mississauga
Thanks Meter: 38
 
224 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haran_rulez

My bad... Was falling asleep..

Btw, could be a stupid question.. Did you check the option "Allow installation of apps from Unknown sources" in the setting option?

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

It's not a stupid question but yes I did check and it's set to "Allow from Unknown sources"
6th February 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #6  
parabelumm's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops1055

I think you miss understood my issue, I do have an unlocked bootloader and my phone is rooted, my issue is installing apps not deleting them.

1) backup all apps
2)factory reset
3)restore apps
Last edited by parabelumm; 6th February 2014 at 08:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to parabelumm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mississauga
Thanks Meter: 38
 
224 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by parabelumm

1) backup all apps
2)factory reset
3)restore apps

I wanted to avoid that option, but I'll give it a try.
6th February 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 445
 
1,801 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
There has to be an options in settings or security somewhere which is blocking it.
7th February 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mississauga
Thanks Meter: 38
 
224 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by parabelumm

1) backup all apps
2)factory reset
3)restore apps

Well doing a factory reset fixed my problem.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes