FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 30)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

[Q] Returning to stock issues

Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Jimzoaar, Member on 7th February 2014, 09:29 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
7th February 2014, 10:26 AM |#11  
kamilmirza's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 344
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimzoaar

Do you mean the 'Extract from Nandroid backup...' option? I cannot help but think that will only pull the app data through to be restored?

yes
that is what you wanted, right?
 
 
7th February 2014, 10:27 AM |#12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilmirza

yes
that is what you wanted, right?

No, I am looking to return to stock, I need to get the original H3G UK restore completed?
7th February 2014, 10:34 AM |#13  
kamilmirza's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 344
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimzoaar

No, I am looking to return to stock, I need to get the original H3G UK restore completed?

check THIS
The Following User Says Thank You to kamilmirza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2014, 10:44 AM |#14  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilmirza

check THIS

Thank you, I have downloaded the H3G backup (2nd one down) which matches mine (H3G UK)

However, after I have pushed this to the phone, it does not appear in the list of available restores when booting into CWM recovery?
7th February 2014, 10:48 AM |#15  
kamilmirza's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 344
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimzoaar

Thank you, I have downloaded the H3G backup (2nd one down) which matches mine (H3G UK)

However, after I have pushed this to the phone, it does not appear in the list of available restores when booting into CWM recovery?

which CWM version are you using?
7th February 2014, 10:51 AM |#16  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilmirza

which CWM version are you using?

6.0.4.6 (touch, if that matters)
7th February 2014, 10:52 AM |#17  
kamilmirza's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 344
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimzoaar

6.0.4.6 (touch, if that matters)

how you are pushing the backup?
7th February 2014, 10:53 AM |#18  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilmirza

how you are pushing the backup?

As per the guide, I am booting into CWM recovery (not flashing), and once in the recovery I am pushing via the 'adb push' command, see results below;

C:\Users\james.mildren>adb push C:\Users\James.mildren\Desktop\H3G\2013-04-20.21
.00.00 /data/media/clockworkmod/backup/2013-04-20.21.00.00
push: C:\Users\James.mildren\Desktop\H3G\2013-04-20.21.00.00/system.ext4.tar.b -
> /data/media/clockworkmod/backup/2013-04-20.21.00.00/system.ext4.tar.b
push: C:\Users\James.mildren\Desktop\H3G\2013-04-20.21.00.00/system.ext4.tar.a -
> /data/media/clockworkmod/backup/2013-04-20.21.00.00/system.ext4.tar.a
push: C:\Users\James.mildren\Desktop\H3G\2013-04-20.21.00.00/system.ext4.tar ->
/data/media/clockworkmod/backup/2013-04-20.21.00.00/system.ext4.tar
push: C:\Users\James.mildren\Desktop\H3G\2013-04-20.21.00.00/recovery.log -> /da
ta/media/clockworkmod/backup/2013-04-20.21.00.00/recovery.log
push: C:\Users\James.mildren\Desktop\H3G\2013-04-20.21.00.00/recovery.img -> /da
ta/media/clockworkmod/backup/2013-04-20.21.00.00/recovery.img
push: C:\Users\James.mildren\Desktop\H3G\2013-04-20.21.00.00/nandroid.md5 -> /da
ta/media/clockworkmod/backup/2013-04-20.21.00.00/nandroid.md5
push: C:\Users\James.mildren\Desktop\H3G\2013-04-20.21.00.00/data.ext4.tar.a ->
/data/media/clockworkmod/backup/2013-04-20.21.00.00/data.ext4.tar.a
push: C:\Users\James.mildren\Desktop\H3G\2013-04-20.21.00.00/data.ext4.tar -> /d
ata/media/clockworkmod/backup/2013-04-20.21.00.00/data.ext4.tar
push: C:\Users\James.mildren\Desktop\H3G\2013-04-20.21.00.00/cache.ext4.tar.a ->
/data/media/clockworkmod/backup/2013-04-20.21.00.00/cache.ext4.tar.a
push: C:\Users\James.mildren\Desktop\H3G\2013-04-20.21.00.00/cache.ext4.tar -> /
data/media/clockworkmod/backup/2013-04-20.21.00.00/cache.ext4.tar
push: C:\Users\James.mildren\Desktop\H3G\2013-04-20.21.00.00/boot.img -> /data/m
edia/clockworkmod/backup/2013-04-20.21.00.00/boot.img
11 files pushed. 0 files skipped.
7th February 2014, 11:02 AM |#19  
kamilmirza's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 344
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimzoaar

As per the guide, I am booting into CWM recovery (not flashing), and once in the recovery I am pushing via the 'adb push' command, see results below;

C:\Users\james.mildren>adb push C:\Users\James.mildren\Desktop\H3G\2013-04-20.21
.00.00 /data/media/clockworkmod/backup/2013-04-20.21.00.00
push: C:\Users\James.mildren\Desktop\H3G\2013-04-20.21.00.00/system.ext4.tar.b -
> /data/media/clockworkmod/backup/2013-04-20.21.00.00/system.ext4.tar.b
push: C:\Users\James.mildren\Desktop\H3G\2013-04-20.21.00.00/system.ext4.tar.a -
> /data/media/clockworkmod/backup/2013-04-20.21.00.00/system.ext4.tar.a
push: C:\Users\James.mildren\Desktop\H3G\2013-04-20.21.00.00/system.ext4.tar ->
/data/media/clockworkmod/backup/2013-04-20.21.00.00/system.ext4.tar
push: C:\Users\James.mildren\Desktop\H3G\2013-04-20.21.00.00/recovery.log -> /da
ta/media/clockworkmod/backup/2013-04-20.21.00.00/recovery.log
push: C:\Users\James.mildren\Desktop\H3G\2013-04-20.21.00.00/recovery.img -> /da
ta/media/clockworkmod/backup/2013-04-20.21.00.00/recovery.img
push: C:\Users\James.mildren\Desktop\H3G\2013-04-20.21.00.00/nandroid.md5 -> /da
ta/media/clockworkmod/backup/2013-04-20.21.00.00/nandroid.md5
push: C:\Users\James.mildren\Desktop\H3G\2013-04-20.21.00.00/data.ext4.tar.a ->
/data/media/clockworkmod/backup/2013-04-20.21.00.00/data.ext4.tar.a
push: C:\Users\James.mildren\Desktop\H3G\2013-04-20.21.00.00/data.ext4.tar -> /d
ata/media/clockworkmod/backup/2013-04-20.21.00.00/data.ext4.tar
push: C:\Users\James.mildren\Desktop\H3G\2013-04-20.21.00.00/cache.ext4.tar.a ->
/data/media/clockworkmod/backup/2013-04-20.21.00.00/cache.ext4.tar.a
push: C:\Users\James.mildren\Desktop\H3G\2013-04-20.21.00.00/cache.ext4.tar -> /
data/media/clockworkmod/backup/2013-04-20.21.00.00/cache.ext4.tar
push: C:\Users\James.mildren\Desktop\H3G\2013-04-20.21.00.00/boot.img -> /data/m
edia/clockworkmod/backup/2013-04-20.21.00.00/boot.img
11 files pushed. 0 files skipped.

after pushing do restart your recovery; and "fastboot erase cache" via bootloader
or push all files via Android PC and change the folder name to something simpler
Last edited by kamilmirza; 7th February 2014 at 11:05 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes