XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

gpad 8.3 laggy wobbly scrolling

Tip us?

wantefc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default gpad 8.3 laggy wobbly scrolling

I had a Note 8 for a short time which had this issue but ive noticed it on my gpad 8.3 v500 when its in landscape.
The issue is when im scrolling the screen one side lags behind the other if you do it quickly enough...so if i do it Up and down it gives a wobble effect. Noticable in netflix too.
Has anyone had this? Im hoping its a jellybean issue as i said my note 8 was the same.
Not a deal breaker but it does bug me.

EdenGottlieb
Old
Thanks Meter 54
What rom are you on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wantefc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenGottlieb View Post
What rom are you on?

Stock .....ive not changed anything since purchase
The Following User Says Thank You to wantefc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EdenGottlieb
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantefc View Post
Stock .....ive not changed anything since purchase

Have you installed any background-running apps that may cause this problem? I don't know what can cause screen stuttering like you have. Have you thought about installing CM? It works great and is 1000 times faster than stock

wantefc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Have you installed any background-running apps that may cause this problem? I don't know what can cause screen stuttering like you have. Have you thought about installing CM? It works great and is 1000 times faster than stock

Yes i have thought about it......but id need an idiots guide as ive never done that before...
Also im sure ive read 4.4 ota is coming soon , so i was going to hang on for it....
Is there a guide out of interest?

EdenGottlieb
Old
Thanks Meter 54
There are only guides for root and recovery, CM is only wiping and flashing. I will post links when I get home (although I'm pretty sure you can find them yourself in the All things guide thread, I recommend TWRP)

The OTA 4.4 update is very far away, march at least (I have my sources)

wantefc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
There are only guides for root and recovery, CM is only wiping and flashing. I will post links when I get home (although I'm pretty sure you can find them yourself in the All things guide thread, I recommend TWRP)

The OTA 4.4 update is very far away, march at least (I have my sources)

No problem......yes i can research.....thanks for replying

LBJM
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Try enabling the developer options (you dont need root and a howto can be found on google) and turn off all the transitions and see if your lag goes away.

wantefc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Just giving this a bump

LBJM i hadnt seen your reply , so i will give it a try when i get home..

I flashed CM11 onto my Gpad but i didnt like it ( personal preference) ive now got the latest Mahdi Rom which is very much like the Nexus5 that i was wanting.
but still i get this lag in Lanscape mode when im scrolling up and down....one side lags to give a wobble effect.

muiriddin
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantefc View Post
but still i get this lag in Lanscape mode when im scrolling up and down....one side lags to give a wobble effect.
In all apps or only in some? I see a stutter in certain apps that do not cache things far enough ahead (i.e. twitter) when I have the client configured to show the twitpics. However once I know everything is loaded I can scroll up and down without any stuttering problem. Some browsers also have this problem since they also only seem to load in memory the stuff that is rendered on the screen...

Based on what you describe I'm not certain that your wobble and my stutter are the same thing though...