Ask a question

No registration required

**unable to restore data from a kies 3 backup**

OP rogvid700

6th February 2014, 05:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
So I backed up my Galaxy Note 3 today and restored it to factory settings in order to re-root after unrooting via the SuperUser app method, however after unrooting, I changed my mind about going back and rooting it again, so I went straight to restore the data from the back up. I'm doing this in Kies 3 and when it asks me to "Select the Backup File To Restore" and I choose the "Select Folder" option and choose the correct backup folder from today, nothing happens in Kies.

I have tried selecting it multiple times and putting the file in different locations in hopes that would change something, but somehow Kies 3 is failing to select it or recognize it.
Keep in mind that I'm not getting any error messages or pop-up notifications whatsoever. Kies 3 simply doesn't respond to the folder I chose.

I have also tried uninstalling Kies 3, and re-installing it.
And yes, when I backed up my data, the backup was a success.
Any thoughts on how to fix it? Or other programs that might be able to read a Kies 3 backup file and do it for me? Thanks!
Last edited by rogvid700; 6th February 2014 at 05:54 AM.
6th February 2014, 08:08 PM   |  #2  
Flag South Florida
Thanks Meter: 410

429 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogvid700

So I backed up my Galaxy Note 3 today and restored it to factory settings in order to re-root after unrooting via the SuperUser app method, however after unrooting, I changed my mind about going back and rooting it again, so I went straight to restore the data from the back up. I'm doing this in Kies 3 and when it asks me to "Select the Backup File To Restore" and I choose the "Select Folder" option and choose the correct backup folder from today, nothing happens in Kies.

I have tried selecting it multiple times and putting the file in different locations in hopes that would change something, but somehow Kies 3 is failing to select it or recognize it.
Keep in mind that I'm not getting any error messages or pop-up notifications whatsoever. Kies 3 simply doesn't respond to the folder I chose.

I have also tried uninstalling Kies 3, and re-installing it.
And yes, when I backed up my data, the backup was a success.
Any thoughts on how to fix it? Or other programs that might be able to read a Kies 3 backup file and do it for me? Thanks!

Good luck no one knows.
7th February 2014, 01:45 AM   |  #3  
Flag Cardboard Box
Thanks Meter: 26

99 posts
More
[QUOTE=rogvid700;50086560]So I backed up my Galaxy Note 3 today and restored it to factory settings in order to re-root after unrooting via the SuperUser app method,

I had to use a Vista machine. My Windows 7 machine would not perform a restore. I was getting error saying it had failed or something though. If your Kies is not even giving you an error message then I really don't know what to tell you.
7th February 2014, 02:26 PM   |  #4  
Flag South Florida
Thanks Meter: 410

429 posts
More
[QUOTE=CodeNameRedNeck;50111969]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogvid700

So I backed up my Galaxy Note 3 today and restored it to factory settings in order to re-root after unrooting via the SuperUser app method,

I had to use a Vista machine. My Windows 7 machine would not perform a restore. I was getting error saying it had failed or something though. If your Kies is not even giving you an error message then I really don't know what to tell you.

The problem I had is that it just hangs and hangs and hangs then crashes.

Ive tried on 3 machines. I dont have any lock code on my phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread