Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

HELP: ENABLING Block Recognizer in input menu?

OP gnarolibero

15th October 2009, 12:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi all,

just got my topaz and flashed a cooked ROM (wm 6.5 LP EVO V-ITA to be precise).

i really need to enable block-letter recognising, after years practising i cannot live without...

afer some search, i have tried editing this
For letter recognizer:
Code:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{42429690-AE04-11D0-A4F8-00AA00A749B9}\IsSIPInputMethod]
"Default"="1"

For block recognizer:

Code:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{42429691-AE04-11D0-A4F8-00AA00A749B9}\IsSIPInputMethod]
"Default"="1"

but apparently is not working

can somebody pls help me?

thks

GG
15th October 2009, 01:20 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 1,328

2,811 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarolibero

Hi all,

just got my topaz and flashed a cooked ROM (wm 6.5 LP EVO V-ITA to be precise).

i really need to enable block-letter recognising, after years practising i cannot live without...

afer some search, i have tried editing this
For letter recognizer:
Code:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{42429690-AE04-11D0-A4F8-00AA00A749B9}\IsSIPInputMethod]
"Default"="1"

For block recognizer:

Code:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{42429691-AE04-11D0-A4F8-00AA00A749B9}\IsSIPInputMethod]
"Default"="1"

but apparently is not working

can somebody pls help me?

thks

GG

I have a cab (thanks to !Aman!). You can get block recog.cab from my Topaz File Mirror.
15th October 2009, 10:55 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
thks but is not working...

anybody knows the proper registry tweak?

thanks in advance

gg

"]!Aman![/URL]). You can get block recog.cab from my Topaz File Mirror.[/QUOTE]
15th October 2009, 04:38 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Developer
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 1,328

2,811 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarolibero

thks but is not working...

anybody knows the proper registry tweak?

thanks in advance

gg

strange it works for me on WM 6.1

what ROM are you using it for?
15th October 2009, 07:28 PM   |  #5  

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGee_Tokyo

strange it works for me on WM 6.1

what ROM are you using it for?

I'm trying to get the Block recognizer too.
It seems to me that Microsoft blocked it in WM 6.5
15th October 2009, 07:51 PM   |  #6  
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter: 8

2,944 posts
Donate to Me
More
EzInput 2.1 doesnt support old SIP methods like block recongniser, thats why it doesnt work for you guys.
15th October 2009, 10:00 PM   |  #7  

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Aman!

EzInput 2.1 doesn't support old SIP methods like block recognizer, that's why it doesn't work for you guys.

Hey Aman, but at Microsoft WebPage, they talk about the input methods for WM 6.5 and Block/Letter Recognize are there !!!!!!!
I though that the nes versions of cooked ROM's would be able to have then too.
5th November 2009, 05:20 PM   |  #8  

23 posts
Finally working BR and LR
Originally Posted by NothingBetterToDo
So sorry for keeping you guys waiting. The following are the steps I took based on my memory.

To enable the Letter Recognizer SIP, set this to 1:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{42429690-AE04-11D0-A4F8-00AA00A749B9}\IsSipInputMethod
"Default"="1" Enabled

To enable the Block Recognizer SIP, set this to 1:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{42429691-ae04-11d0-a4f8-00aa00a749b9}\IsSipInputMethod
"Default"="1" Enabled

You will notice that this will not make the SIP appear, for example, in your SMS application. However, it should appear in the pulldown menu at Start->Settings->Personal->Input. Now, if you try to set the Letter Recognizer as default, thinking that it will appear in SMS application, it doesn't. For some reason, it will always default back to the Touch Input (or EzInput) SIP.

So, the next step is to make the Letter Recognizer SIP the default. To do that, check the value at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip\DefaultIm

It should be "0654897B-B359-473F-B28B-D85CF601C57F" (for Touch Input SIP). Replace that with
"42429690-AE04-11D0-A4F8-00AA00A749B9" (for Letter Recognizer SIP).

WARNING -- very very important to make sure the above is entered correctly. According to some posts elsewhere, a non existent SIP can crash your device. You might want to confirm if you have the Letter Recognizer SIP by searching for the msim.dll file. If it exists, I suppose it is probably safe.

After soft reset (power on/off device), you should now see the Letter Recognizer in your SMS application. However, you will also notice it doesn't work properly. For eg, the Capital Letter (left panel) doesn't work, there is this irritating word suggestions thing that keep popping up, it is quite slow and quite inaccurate, the Help doesn't work well.

To resolve these problems, set the following to 1:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\ezsip\IsOtherSip

Do a soft reset and the problems should disappear and you have a good Letter Recognizer to work with (even with fingernail), save for the following problems:
a. Sometimes response may not be very good. Can be quite slow especially if you are entering letters like "i", "r". Maybe this is because of the screen sensitivity.
b. If you click on the little triangle and want to switch to the Touch Input SIP, you can. But the problem is that you can't switch back to the Letter Recognizer anymore unless you do a soft reset. I guess this is OK if you use Letter Recognizer exclusively, but if you want the Chinese Handwriting feature in Touch Input (which is pretty good IMO), then it is not good.

Sorry for the long post. Thought it is better to also share my observations. I am a newbie with registry thing, so I prefer to do step by step and hence many soft resets. If you are gungho enough, just do the steps in bold followed by a soft reset. Hope it works for all you guys. :)

Note -- if you don't feel safe doing the registry changes, an alternative is to use the Touch Input SIP but set the waiting time to the shortest possible which will reduce the delay. But it is still very irritating to use IMHO.

Cheers
5th November 2009, 05:54 PM   |  #9  

23 posts
Just to remember all that the solution I described at the previous post is not mine and was Originally Posted by NothingBetterToDo. So, many thnaks to him for the great solution !!!!!!
24th November 2009, 01:05 PM   |  #10  
Flag Stockholm

22 posts
More
Smile Info for the ones that doesnt have en version
Hi

Info to all of you with other language then english.

The file msim.dll are country specific, in sweden its called msimsw.dll so i guess you will be able to find your version if you search the registry for msmi and then you will find a msmiXX.dll that is the correct one for your country.

I hade to add the info for {42429690-AE04-11D0-A4F8-00AA00A749B9} and {42429691-ae04-11d0-a4f8-00aa00a749b9} because it was missing info so it's not enought to only change the IsSipInputMethod to 1.

I have attached the files i used, but plz realise that this one is for swedish a version. You can edit the files with notepad to adress the localized .dll file for your country.

After this to be able to use the input methods i did what nicksalgado said and change
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip\DefaultIm
to {42429691-ae04-11d0-a4f8-00aa00a749b9} to use Block recognizer as default im

/SebulbaSe
Attached Files
File Type: zip recognizer.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1,011 Bytes, 73 views)
Last edited by Sebulba_se; 24th November 2009 at 01:55 PM. Reason: wrong spelling =)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread