Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 54,259 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Custom recoveries not working..

Tip us?
 
xmattjus
Old
#1  
xmattjus's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 245
Posts: 252
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Naples, Italy
Default [Q] Custom recoveries not working..

Hi guys! Two days ago the recoveries was working fine, now none of them work (and I'm sure I didn't do anything strange)! Everytime I select recovery into the bootloader menu the phone just restarts itself (I know how to go into recovery mode: move the selection with volume down and select recovery with power button). I also tried to boot using mfastboot boot recovery.img and I erased the cache before and after the installation of the custom recovery with mfastboot erase cache.
I tought there were a problem with the OS so I restored the stock 4.4.2 UK retail firmware but the recoveries still don't work!

Please someone can help me?

PS: stock recovery works!!
 
1pilo
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 21
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmattjus View Post
Hi guys! Two days ago the recoveries was working fine, now none of them work (and I'm sure I didn't do anything strange)! Everytime I select recovery into the bootloader menu the phone just restarts itself (I know how to go into recovery mode: move the selection with volume down and select recovery with power button). I also tried to boot using mfastboot boot recovery.img and I erased the cache before and after the installation of the custom recovery with mfastboot erase cache.
I tought there were a problem with the OS so I restored the stock 4.4.2 UK retail firmware but the recoveries still don't work!

Please someone can help me?

PS: stock recovery works!!
you don't select the recovery with power button. Power button restarts the phone. You select it with volume up.

hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to 1pilo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
xmattjus
Old
(Last edited by xmattjus; 7th February 2014 at 01:20 PM.)
#3  
xmattjus's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 245
Posts: 252
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Naples, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pilo View Post
you don't select the recovery with power button. Power button restarts the phone. You select it with volume up.

hope this helps
Hell, I'm such a dumb (I don't know how many times I went into recovery and I still don't remember what buttons I need to press)!!! But why the recovery doesn't start with mfastboot boot recovery command? Thanks for the help though!
 
1pilo
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 21
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmattjus View Post
Hell, I'm such a dumb (I don't know how many times I went into recovery and I still don't remember what buttons I need to press)!!! But why the recovery doesn't start with mfastboot boot recovery command? Thanks for the help though!
it should be reboot not boot
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes