Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 45,354 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Possible Aftermarket Nook HD/HD+ Cable

Tip us?

artesea
Old
Thanks Meter 81
I'll be happy to help out with anyone in the EU looking to get UK supplies. For us it's 5 all in, including couriered postage.
Phone: Galaxy Note 3
Tablet: Nook HD+
Blog: blog.artesea.co.uk

RageAgain
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpisini View Post
I would avoid it this is listed in his comments

Negative feedback rating Will not fit into charge port on my nook.Seller said to force fitting into it. Buyer:
m***m ( 104Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499)
Jan-22-14 08:37 Feedback conversation
HOUSE WALL POWER CHARGER CABLE CORD FOR NOOK HD+ 9 in BNTV600 32GB SLATE SMOKE (#360832581782) US $14.92 View Item HOUSE WALL POWER CHARGER CABLE CORD FOR NOOK HD+ 9 in BNTV600 32GB SLATE SMOKE
Negative feedback rating Didn't work, no response from seller. Not wort paying ship to return. Buyer:
1***1 ( 335Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499)
Jan-18-14 09:04 Feedback conversation
HOUSE WALL POWER CHARGER 4 BARNES & NOBLE NOOK BNRV200 BNRV200A TABLET EREADER (#360737312783)
I wouldn't say buy from this seller, but the cable itself may be fine. It looks to me like besides being unresponsive, and apparently refusing to refund monies, this seller seems to regularly ship the wrong product.

Of the negative reviews for the HD/HD+ (BNTV400/BNTV600) cable, in a one month span, one was a failure to deliver ( I have had issues with the post office loosing a package recently - couldn't even get reimbursed completely, a long painful, and boring story but not at all the sellers fault ) and the other was probably the wrong product.

In the same one month span, I think I counted more positive reviews for the same product. So, I believe that the cable itself is probably fine...

That said, what I want to do is a case mod, or some type of snap on adapter that will hold the connector firmly in place and supply a standard USB port(s)/HUB with passthrough ( I have an HDMI adapter that I want to open and see if I can use for this ) in the bargain.

I am in no hurry however, so I don't know when I will get around to trying to do it...

Hopefully someone can find a cheaper source for this cable, for those of us on super limited income ( my mom bought my nook and hdmi adapter and case... )