Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,869 Members 39,308 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Checked Bag xray

Tip us?

enricong
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Checked Bag xray

When I travel, sometimes, I don't feel like carrying my Nook HD+ with me, especially if I have my laptop with me so I check it in my checked bag. I've noticed that everytime I do this, I end up with a card in my bag informing me that TSA had to open and inspect.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it just with the Nook or other tablets?

Now when I have it in my carry-on bag stacked on top of my laptop, no one ever needs to take a second look.
Using Droid Inc

jpisini
Old
Thanks Meter 224
I'm surprised last time I traveled I forgot to take it out of my travel on. Needless to say I got extra attention from the TSA folks.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app

RageAgain
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Li-on batteries can be dangerous, and have started/almost started fires on aircraft. The FAA wants passengers to have them with them in case something goes wrong with them and they can work with crew members to prevent anything serious happening. There have been airplane crashes where the exact cause of fire was never exactly determined, but there were Li-on batteries listed as cargo ( industrial quantities ). I have never had any catch fire, but I had one which got hot enough to discolor the info sticker on it.

Unfortunately, it would not be too difficult for someone who knew what they were doing to modify a "smart" device into a timer controlled incendiary device...

Sigh..

The world we live in.