Checked Bag xray

5th February 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

247 posts
When I travel, sometimes, I don't feel like carrying my Nook HD+ with me, especially if I have my laptop with me so I check it in my checked bag. I've noticed that everytime I do this, I end up with a card in my bag informing me that TSA had to open and inspect.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it just with the Nook or other tablets?

Now when I have it in my carry-on bag stacked on top of my laptop, no one ever needs to take a second look.
5th February 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #2  
Flag Weymouth
Thanks Meter: 234

1,228 posts
More
I'm surprised last time I traveled I forgot to take it out of my travel on. Needless to say I got extra attention from the TSA folks.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app
7th February 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #3  
Flag Union City, GA
Thanks Meter: 51

119 posts
Li-on batteries can be dangerous, and have started/almost started fires on aircraft. The FAA wants passengers to have them with them in case something goes wrong with them and they can work with crew members to prevent anything serious happening. There have been airplane crashes where the exact cause of fire was never exactly determined, but there were Li-on batteries listed as cargo ( industrial quantities ). I have never had any catch fire, but I had one which got hot enough to discolor the info sticker on it.

Unfortunately, it would not be too difficult for someone who knew what they were doing to modify a "smart" device into a timer controlled incendiary device...

Sigh..

The world we live in.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread