Ask a question

No registration required

Just a quick question

OP fireishott

3rd February 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 102

385 posts
I am going to possibly buy a gear I just have a quick question l did some googling but could not find a solid answer. ..I see that with the recent update the gear will show notifications from a third party application like evolve sms. ..or go sms...but the question is can I reply to the messages either via voice or by a side loaded keyboard. ..I do not mind to root the thing I just don't really see a point for me to get one if in order for me to reply to a quick text or email I have to take the phone out of my pocket. .. oh yeah in case it matters I have a note 2 tmo version running DN3

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd February 2014, 04:43 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Sydney, AUS
Thanks Meter: 3,952

3,153 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireishott

I am going to possibly buy a gear I just have a quick question l did some googling but could not find a solid answer. ..I see that with the recent update the gear will show notifications from a third party application like evolve sms. ..or go sms...but the question is can I reply to the messages either via voice or by a side loaded keyboard. ..I do not mind to root the thing I just don't really see a point for me to get one if in order for me to reply to a quick text or email I have to take the phone out of my pocket. .. oh yeah in case it matters I have a note 2 tmo version running DN3

No you cant reply to any third party SMS using voice/keyboard.

If order to reply you must be using the stock SMS app.
The Following User Says Thank You to fOmey For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd February 2014, 12:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

385 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fOmey

Gotcha. ... Well shucks might be a deal breaker for me thanks

5th February 2014, 08:25 AM   |  #4  
Flag Scarborough
Thanks Meter: 3

42 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fOmey

When you say you can reply using the stock SMS app, do you mean using S-Voice or can you side load keyboard app and reply using the stock SMS app?
The Following User Says Thank You to bkisho For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkisho

When you say you can reply using the stock SMS app, do you mean using S-Voice or can you side load keyboard app and reply using the stock SMS app?

you can use tablet talk to pair with your phone and with the keyboard installed you can then reply back to text messages which are relayed to your gear thru tablet talk.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to red rocket For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2014, 03:22 AM   |  #6  
Flag Scarborough
Thanks Meter: 3

42 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by red rocket

you can use tablet talk to pair with your phone and with the keyboard installed you can then reply back to text messages which are relayed to your gear thru tablet talk.

Okay cool thanks
6th February 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Developer
Flag Sydney, AUS
Thanks Meter: 3,952

3,153 posts
More
Quote:

Completely forgot to recommend tablet talk ! Cheers.
The Following User Says Thank You to fOmey For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

385 posts
Quote:

Sounds sweet I seen that after some more research. ...sorry to bug some more do I have to root the gear to achieve this....or can I preform this stock....I was looming at the null and I am still trying to wrap my hear around all the complexities of the rom...I am wanting the watch to stay as cose to stock ad possible

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th February 2014, 01:08 AM   |  #9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireishott

Sounds sweet I seen that after some more research. ...sorry to bug some more do I have to root the gear to achieve this....or can I preform this stock....I was looming at the null and I am still trying to wrap my hear around all the complexities of the rom...I am wanting the watch to stay as cose to stock ad possible

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You should be able to perform the tablet talk paring on stock gear no root needed. Great things await once u jump on board with null. Once you try null you will never go back. If you want go to null's website and sign up for the chat. Some awesome folks there to help you decide. Just click on fomeys signature.
Last edited by red rocket; 7th February 2014 at 01:10 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to red rocket For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

385 posts
okay thanks i looked at the site and it looks amazing one more question does an app like tablet talk work with third party sms apps like Textra

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread