Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 47,476 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon LG G2 screen tinted red

Tip us?

usefulidiot127
Old
(Last edited by usefulidiot127; 7th February 2014 at 02:02 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Default Verizon LG G2 screen tinted red

All of a sudden my screen has a horrible red tint. It appears to be a software issue because when I reboot the phone, the booting logos are all colored properly. Also - the navigation bar is not tinted red, only the rest of the screen. When I play a full screen video the navigation area also turns red. That indicates to me that this is a software problem. I disabled all of my xposed modules and switched back to the stock launcher but it's still red.

Next step unfortunately will be to factory reset or flash a new rom but I'd really love to avoid that. Any idea what might have caused this?

Recovery screen is normal colored as well. The only modifications I've done are root the stock rom, install greenify, Xposed, and G2Xposed.

Edit: Solved, it was the Lux app. Weird. It's been working fine for me for months and wasn't updated today.
Nexus 7 2012 Grouper - MultiROM v16 ROM 1: Stock 4.4, rooted w/Oxydo V-12 ROM 2: 4.3 Vanir w/ Oxydo V-11
LG G2 VS980 (Verizon) - Stock, rooted

Previous Devices: HTC Rezound (ADR6425), HTC Droid Incredible (ADR6300)

reinaldistic
Old
Thanks Meter 177

DONATE TO ME
There is an astronomy mode on the lux app, you probably hit the star button accidentally

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to reinaldistic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

usefulidiot127
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinaldistic View Post
There is an astronomy mode on the lux app, you probably hit the star button accidentally

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
Derp. I think you may have been right.
Nexus 7 2012 Grouper - MultiROM v16 ROM 1: Stock 4.4, rooted w/Oxydo V-12 ROM 2: 4.3 Vanir w/ Oxydo V-11
LG G2 VS980 (Verizon) - Stock, rooted

Previous Devices: HTC Rezound (ADR6425), HTC Droid Incredible (ADR6300)