Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Headphones not working

OP lakyboss

7th February 2014, 12:54 PM   |  #11  
OP Member
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 7

51 posts
More
So, bottom line is that Moto G doesn't support these types of headphonees? Excellent
7th February 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 62

142 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakyboss

So, bottom line is that Moto G doesn't support these types of headphonees? Excellent

Read carefully.

It says that 3 button controls are not supported. This mostly refers to headsets designed for iPhones that have the control button as well as Vol Up and Vol Down buttons.

This isn't just the case for the Moto G. The Samsung S3 for example would only work with *Samsung* 3 button headsets but wouldn't work with Sennheiser or most other third party 3 button headphones.

The main/control button for third party headsets works for the Moto G, I've tried Brainwavz, Soundmagic and Sennheiser headphones with mic and button and all work fine for controlling music and answering calls.

Setting up the button controls via PowerAmp (or the player of choice), Headset Button Control* or similar apps might be needed depending on your settings.

(*Trial here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....kober.headset)
7th February 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #13  
OP Member
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 7

51 posts
More
I have Skullcandy Ink'd 2 which have one button for answering calls/playing music/activating voice search (long press).

They worked on my Nexus S, One X, my laptop, but whatever I play on Moto G, it doesn't work. I've tried Google Play Music, YouTube, few other music players, even tried flashing a new rom, it still doesn't work.

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Moto G Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank