Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 41,020 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CM11 install Fail's

Tip us?

SpiKeTheOne
Old
(Last edited by SpiKeTheOne; 6th February 2014 at 07:39 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] CM11 install Fail's

Hi

I need a little information. I have been looking on the site but cant seem to figure what i need.

I would like to get CM11 or Avatar 5.0.6 on my incredible 4g but it keeps failing.

I have a unlocked bootloader S-Off and TWRP for my recovery. I guess my question is, how can i get this to load.

The directions stated to install the latest OTA but that will lock my phone back up. The directions also stated they were installing it with CWM.

So my question is do I need to change from TWRP to CWM to get the install to work and do I really need to update my phone and lose my unlocked phone?

OR is there a way to update the phone without re locking it?

Thanks

dcooterfrog
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiKeTheOne View Post
Hi

I need a little information. I have been looking on the site but cant seem to figure what i need.

I would like to get CM11 or Avatar 5.0.6 on my incredible 4g but it keeps failing.

I have a unlocked bootloader S-Off and TWRP for my recovery. I guess my question is, how can i get this to load.

The directions stated to install the latest OTA but that will lock my phone back up. The directions also stated they were installing it with CWM.

So my question is do I need to change from TWRP to CWM to get the install to work and do I really need to update my phone and lose my unlocked phone?

Thanks
to update the firmware look at this post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2626511
this i wll give you the new radio and power management and secute bootloader.
but it won't affect s-off or the boot image or the recovery.
you will need cwm for cm11 but i think you can switch back after the install
I didn't

wmuflyer
Old
Thanks Meter 32
If you have the latest TWRP 2.6.3.0h it works with CM11 and is supposed to have better support for SELinux.

Quote:
Hi

Thanks

SpiKeTheOne
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for the help!

I got it done!

tj13
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Thank you for the help!

I got it done!
There is a tread on the firmware. If your phone is already s-off, the firmware won't undo it. CM11 is using the radio libraries that go with the new radio firmware.