[Q] Latest Firmware Fails Fastboot

Search This thread

o350125

Mar 8, 2011
When I try to update my firmware to the 4.06.6514 firmware. I follow the directions in the thread, but when I issue the flashboot flash zip firmware.zip it fails with the following:

target reported max download size of 1526722560 bytes
sending 'zip' (20935 KB)...
OKAY [ 2.217s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) adopting the signature contained in this image...
(bootloader) zip header checking...
(bootloader) zip info parsing...
(bootloader) Read zipped android_info fail
FAILED (remote: 99 unknown fail)
finished. total time: 2.465s

The download seems OK, it passed the md5 check, etc... I haven't seen anyone else with this problem while looking around. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
When I try to update my firmware to the 4.06.6514 firmware. I follow the directions in the thread, but when I issue the flashboot flash zip firmware.zip it fails with the following:

target reported max download size of 1526722560 bytes
sending 'zip' (20935 KB)...
OKAY [ 2.217s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) adopting the signature contained in this image...
(bootloader) zip header checking...
(bootloader) zip info parsing...
(bootloader) Read zipped android_info fail
FAILED (remote: 99 unknown fail)
finished. total time: 2.465s

The download seems OK, it passed the md5 check, etc... I haven't seen anyone else with this problem while looking around. Any ideas?

Thanks!

DID YOU TRY reentering the command : fastboot flash zip firmware.zip imediately after the error(works sometimes) did you rename the download zip to firmware/

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Yeah we need some more info
S-ON or S-OFF?
Modified or unmodified firmware?

o350125

Mar 8, 2011
Yeah we need some more info
S-ON or S-OFF?
Modified or unmodified firmware?

I was trying the unmodified firmware, and I believe that I AM S-ON, as I have never done anything special to get S-OFF.

I did try reissuing the command immediately after the fail a couple of times, and I did rename the firmware file as downloaded to firmware.zip

Thanks again!

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
I was trying the unmodified firmware, and I believe that I AM S-ON, as I have never done anything special to get S-OFF.

I did try reissuing the command immediately after the fail a couple of times, and I did rename the firmware file as downloaded to firmware.zip

Thanks again!
Did you re-lock your bootloader?

Vember31

Sep 6, 2013
Is that something that you're supposed to do before updating? I'd never heard of that.

yeah you have to relock your bootloader for the firmware to flash successfully. you can do this through the command "fastboot oem lock" in cmd that you opened in the same folder location as your fastboot binaries

BUT be careful because if you do this you will lose everything on your phone, including all of the stuff you have on your internal storage, etc. i just performed this operation yesterday and had gotten that same error before i re-locked

Reactions: o350125

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is that something that you're supposed to do before updating? I'd never heard of that.

yeah you have to relock your bootloader for the firmware to flash successfully. you can do this through the command "fastboot oem lock" in cmd that you opened in the same folder location as your fastboot binaries

BUT be careful because if you do this you will lose everything on your phone, including all of the stuff you have on your internal storage, etc. i just performed this operation yesterday and had gotten that same error before i re-locked
    If you are S-ON you do indeed have to re-lock your bootloader