Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,001 Members 39,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SW2 -> root = ?

Tip us?
 
DESASTER75
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 90
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default SW2 -> root = ?

Good morning together!

Is there a chance to root the SW2? If yes, is there an tutorial out in the wild?

Why I'm asking for is, that for my understanding of root, if there will be the chance to root SW2, it will be, sorry should be easy to modify SW2-interface/-looking like ...
- get rid of this boring 'yellow-circled-notification-thing' while using WhatchIt
- get rid of those boring stock-clock-watches and install some user-made-watches (plenty great looking once in GP available but they are only showing until 'button-press' or 'home-button-press' (then stock-watch will show up again)
- modify battery-consumption
- ...

Thx,
DES75
 
nobnut
Old
#2  
nobnut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2439
Posts: 6,402
Join Date: Feb 2010
No.

The SW2 OS isn't Android.

Never, ever conform
IOHWIRI
 
DESASTER75
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 90
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobnut View Post
No.

The SW2 OS isn't Android.
Sure, I know, but why shouldn't there be an option to root it anyway?

That would be great if there would be an dev who will be able to do it ...
 
gbohm
Old
#4  
gbohm's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 305
Posts: 1,786
Join Date: Sep 2010
Is it even running on a Unix kernel? Why do you want root?

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk
i would if i could but i can't so i don't
if cyanogenmod has only one rule does rule 34 still apply
 
nobnut
Old
#5  
nobnut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2439
Posts: 6,402
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESASTER75 View Post
Sure, I know, but why shouldn't there be an option to root it anyway?

That would be great if there would be an dev who will be able to do it ...
You don't get it do you? I'd bet you don't really know what root is.

Go on, start a pledge thread and see how far you get.

The OS is closed source, proprietary. Not open source Android.

Never, ever conform
IOHWIRI
 
DESASTER75
Old
(Last edited by DESASTER75; 4th February 2014 at 09:45 AM.)
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 90
Join Date: Jan 2011
Hi!

Maybe 'root' was the wrong word! But while talking about 'alternative/modified firmware' I think the word 'root' will be quite close to it, won't it? SONY is already asking DEVs to contact them in order to allow them to issue new/alternative software for SW2 (AND I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT APPS)!

SONY-PAGE:
http://developer.sonymobile.com/serv...watch-project/

So I thought:
When someone will be able to do so, then I'll be able to find that guy on XDA!

FYI

BTW:
Hope my link is allowed to be posted on XDA!
 
funky0308
Old
#7  
funky0308's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 5035
Posts: 6,240
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Osijek

 
DONATE TO ME
Yeah...
That's the only thing that stopped me from buying this watch.

They are using Micrium*uC/OS-II OS and that's really lame.

If there's any way to flash 4.3 for Omate I would buy SW2 right away.

I had plans to modify some apps for SW2 and although it's possible to edit apps from market it's impossible to patch files on watch and skip signature check without root / administrative privileges.

Shame...
It's great design but awful screen and software...

I'll skip this and wait my Omate for a few weeks more.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
 
themissionimpossible
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 172
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESASTER75 View Post
SONY is already asking DEVs to contact them in order to allow them to issue new/alternative software for SW2 (AND I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT APPS)!
Unfortunately that was an old project dedicated to the first Smartwatch 1, as you can see on the specification page:
http://developer.sonymobile.com/serv...-hacker-guide/

and on the linked product page:
http://developer.sonymobile.com/prod...on/smartwatch/

So, nothing going on at the moment for the SW2.
 
izzet3838
Old
#9  
izzet3838's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 138
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: genk
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308 View Post
Yeah...
That's the only thing that stopped me from buying this watch.

They are using Micrium*uC/OS-II OS and that's really lame.

If there's any way to flash 4.3 for Omate I would buy SW2 right away.

I had plans to modify some apps for SW2 and although it's possible to edit apps from market it's impossible to patch files on watch and skip signature check without root / administrative privileges.

Shame...
It's great design but awful screen and software...

I'll skip this and wait my Omate for a few weeks more.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
+1
But ut has a 180mhz processor thats why there nearly aren't any specs about it compared to all the other new smartwatches the sw has very low specs for a high price
So i don't think those specs ever will be able to run android2.3+ it should
At least need an 500 mhz processor and 256 mb ram 500mb space to be able to handle android anyway

sent from my 6903 using tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes