[Q] Help me unbrick my S4

Tip us?

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMcCawley View Post
Thanks Cruise,

I read through all of the posts on the link that you sent and according to the original poster, flashing that TAR will trip the KNOX which sounds undesirable and potentially dangerous (at least according to the second poster). Is this my best best or only option? Sorry if that's a dumb question but like I said, I'm new to all of this and I really don't want to hard brick my phone. Ideally I'd like to get this to boot properly and bring it back to stock but it sounds like bringing it back to stock might not be an option at this point. Thanks again for your input and the link!
I got news for you, your Knox is already tripped. If the previous owner had already tried to root and install a custom rom that ship has sailed. Installing a stock tar does not trip Knox, installing a custom recovery does.

Sent from my icrap 2 using Tapatalk HD
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,

Rom: Rooted Stock Odexed, Hotspot Mod, Xposed, Wanum
Firmware: NAE
Kernel: Stock
TWRP: 2.6.3.0

MMcCawley
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey guys,

Just wanted to follow-up and let you know that your suggestions worked and that I'm now up and running. THANK YOU ALL for your help and suggestions!