FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

Custom recovery lost?

65 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By vigitilante, Member on 5th February 2014, 08:43 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey guys so i backed up my v20b stock software via cwm and thought that it was going to be stored in some kind of internal storage forever (like cwm itself), but now i realised that after i done factory reset it is probably gone ) Is there a way to create a recovery file for cwm to restore to v20b?Or could i use some elses file?

6th February 2014, 01:23 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 542

More
Your backup is in the internal memory, unless you format or wipe it specifically factory reset will not erase it.
In development section there are a few roms based on official v20b ou can flash thhose if you can't find your backup
6th February 2014, 06:07 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudjgaard

Your backup is in the internal memory, unless you format or wipe it specifically factory reset will not erase it.
In development section there are a few roms based on official v20b ou can flash thhose if you can't find your backup

i had 2 backups on stock and i didn't delete any of them, just did the factory reset once. When i go to recovery mode CWM doesn't find any backups on internal storage...So where did they go?
7th February 2014, 03:16 AM |#4  

More
Mount usb storage from recovery and check the cwm folder they should be in there unless you did "wipe data"
7th February 2014, 11:18 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 795

More
did you install any 4.2.2+ rom? if you did, your cwm is reading the "wrong" folder for backups. it's reading under data/media/0/whatevercwmbackupfolderis, instead of data/media/whatevercwmbackupfolderis
7th February 2014, 12:41 PM |#6  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Go into custom recovery and select "Restore Back-up". It will work. I had the same problem .
7th February 2014, 05:18 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Yeah, i also did wipe data/cache/dalvik/(as you do) before installing 4.4.2 , no backups in data/media/cwm, so i guess my backups are gone?
7th February 2014, 05:57 PM |#8  

More
No, wipe data doesn't wipe internal storage, if formats everything except data/media which is where backups are
You must specifically select "format internal storage" to loose your backups
Is other stuff you had on internal sd still present?
7th February 2014, 06:02 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 795

More
they have to be there, unless you formatted internal sd. try searching around more with file browsers, sorry i cant be of more help
7th February 2014, 06:39 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudjgaard

No, wipe data doesn't wipe internal storage, if formats everything except data/media which is where backups are
You must specifically select "format internal storage" to loose your backups
Is other stuff you had on internal sd still present?

no, but i do factory reset every time. Rom manager doesn't find anything, as well as cwm in recovery mode. Searched every CWM,DATA,BACKUP folder, nothing there.

i searched with ES file explorer with root access (i even created a new backup to be 100% sure root access is on, the new backup appeared in data/media). Btw, how much internal storage is there after factory reset? Because with Beanstalk i get 11,8 of 12,2, i was sure those 400mb where my software backups....
Last edited by vigitilante; 7th February 2014 at 06:43 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread