XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Custom recovery lost?

Tip us?

vigitilante
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Custom recovery lost?

Hey guys so i backed up my v20b stock software via cwm and thought that it was going to be stored in some kind of internal storage forever (like cwm itself), but now i realised that after i done factory reset it is probably gone ) Is there a way to create a recovery file for cwm to restore to v20b?Or could i use some elses file?

Rudjgaard
Old
Thanks Meter 484
Your backup is in the internal memory, unless you format or wipe it specifically factory reset will not erase it.
In development section there are a few roms based on official v20b ou can flash thhose if you can't find your backup
Xperia Active ST17i
Rom: ParanoidAndroid
Kernel: LupusJB

LG Optimus 4X HD
Rom: PACman
Kernel: MoKee

vigitilante
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudjgaard View Post
Your backup is in the internal memory, unless you format or wipe it specifically factory reset will not erase it.
In development section there are a few roms based on official v20b ou can flash thhose if you can't find your backup
i had 2 backups on stock and i didn't delete any of them, just did the factory reset once. When i go to recovery mode CWM doesn't find any backups on internal storage...So where did they go?

Rudjgaard
Old
Thanks Meter 484
Mount usb storage from recovery and check the cwm folder they should be in there unless you did "wipe data"
Xperia Active ST17i

LG Optimus 4X HD

Flying_Bear
Old
Thanks Meter 592
did you install any 4.2.2+ rom? if you did, your cwm is reading the "wrong" folder for backups. it's reading under data/media/0/whatevercwmbackupfolderis, instead of data/media/whatevercwmbackupfolderis
To install custom roms on O4x:

1. upgrade to jb
2. root
3. unlock bootloader
4. flash custom recovery (cwm)
5. flash roms
6. if you encounter any issues, search, they've been answered already.

Got issues with RIL/IMEI/BASEBAND on custom 4.2, 4.3 or 4.4 ROMs on p880? Click me for possible solution!

muvilici
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Go into custom recovery and select "Restore Back-up". It will work. I had the same problem .

vigitilante
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Yeah, i also did wipe data/cache/dalvik/(as you do) before installing 4.4.2 , no backups in data/media/cwm, so i guess my backups are gone?

Rudjgaard
Old
Thanks Meter 484
No, wipe data doesn't wipe internal storage, if formats everything except data/media which is where backups are
You must specifically select "format internal storage" to loose your backups
Is other stuff you had on internal sd still present?
Xperia Active ST17i

LG Optimus 4X HD

Flying_Bear
Old
Thanks Meter 592
they have to be there, unless you formatted internal sd. try searching around more with file browsers, sorry i cant be of more help
To install custom roms on O4x:

1. upgrade to jb
2. root
3. unlock bootloader
4. flash custom recovery (cwm)
5. flash roms
6. if you encounter any issues, search, they've been answered already.

Got issues with RIL/IMEI/BASEBAND on custom 4.2, 4.3 or 4.4 ROMs on p880? Click me for possible solution!

vigitilante
Old
(Last edited by vigitilante; 7th February 2014 at 06:43 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudjgaard View Post
No, wipe data doesn't wipe internal storage, if formats everything except data/media which is where backups are
You must specifically select "format internal storage" to loose your backups
Is other stuff you had on internal sd still present?

no, but i do factory reset every time. Rom manager doesn't find anything, as well as cwm in recovery mode. Searched every CWM,DATA,BACKUP folder, nothing there.

i searched with ES file explorer with root access (i even created a new backup to be 100% sure root access is on, the new backup appeared in data/media). Btw, how much internal storage is there after factory reset? Because with Beanstalk i get 11,8 of 12,2, i was sure those 400mb where my software backups....