Trim and Upgrade Problems

OP bebubanche

7th February 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Hi all!
Can you help me with my following questions please:
My nook has the faulty chip, and I read that Verygreen had enabled the Trim function in the stable 10.2, so can I update to that rom?
Is there anyway to solve the lag problems without wiping all of my data. I don't dare to try the trim kernel as I'm living in Vietnam, and there's no nook store in case I brick my device.
Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to your answer.
7th February 2014, 07:53 PM   |  #2  
Flag Weymouth
Thanks Meter: 247

1,289 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebubanche

Hi all!
Can you help me with my following questions please:
My nook has the faulty chip, and I read that Verygreen had enabled the Trim function in the stable 10.2, so can I update to that rom?
Is there anyway to solve the lag problems without wiping all of my data. I don't dare to try the trim kernel as I'm living in Vietnam, and there's no nook store in case I brick my device.
Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to your answer.

In theory trim has been fixed but it is up to you if you have the faulty chip and can't get service then you need to decide if it is worth it or not. The only way to beat lag seems to be with trim, the wipe and restore method, and you can try using an SDcard to keep your data. I only keep apps on mine all data movies, music, books are stored on SD and I don't seem to run into lag and that is on two different devices.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread