Watch This Now!

Top Forum Discussions

Soft Brick or Hard Brick

144 posts
Thanks Meter: 10
By Bitcloud30, Senior Member on 5th February 2014, 09:52 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So last night my phone died without any reason and start to loop on "SAMSUNG" and "SAMSUNG GALAXY SIII". so what i did is to remove the battery for a couple mins and press the power button hoping that it would be totally off, but it didnt work at all. i tried entering RECOVERY (TWRP) and DOWNLOAD MODE but for some reason it can stay there for too long it would go black in an instant.

i just upgraded my FIRMWARE to 4.3 using DocHoliday77 root66 4.3 (MJC) after i odin. i immediately FLASH S3Rx 3.0 TouchWiz 4.3 MJC (1-27- 14) and i chosen DKP for my kernel..

i've done ODIN couple of times already and am very successful with it because i always look at Doc's guide every time i do it.

now just to say to myself that my phone will work again, can anyone of you tell me if i can still get my phone working again using the "[HOWTO] UnBrick T-Mobile S III QHSUSB_DLOAD w/Video Walkthrough"

am still worried until this time because am not sure if its soft or hard brick

Edit: i remembered, i open my mobile data for 5 - 10mins after than i closed the screen there it started the Brick or Bootloop.
Last edited by Bitcloud30; 5th February 2014 at 10:23 AM.
5th February 2014, 06:14 PM |#2  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,729
Donate to Me
If you can get it to stay in Download mode, then do Odin. Otherwise follow the video.
7th February 2014, 09:49 AM |#3  
Flag Chino
Thanks Meter: 26
Try flashing stock???

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th February 2014, 02:18 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 10
i already solve it.. it was a hardware issue, power switch was the main problem..i was worried as F**K when i was in that situation.
7th February 2014, 06:39 PM |#5  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 5
I have a similar situation. What did you do to the power switch to fix it.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD
7th February 2014, 07:40 PM |#6  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,729
Donate to Me
Power Button can get Stuck for a while. You can either try to pry it loose or send it for repair.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread